Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default I got pulled over today, for doing nothing wrong...

So i'm driving down to Lancaster this afternoon, and as i'm going on the part of 222 that they are doing construction on (where there is only one lane) i passed at the on ramp stop sign a state cop, he pulled out behind the car that was behind me, and started tailgating said car (which now was doing 55 or less because of the cop), and i mean smack on its bumper, probably only 2 feet off... This kinda pissed me off, because had he needed to pass the car he could have flashed his lights and had it pull off in the grass, it just seemed like he was inpatient.

At the point that the highway went back to two lanes the car went to the right lane and the cop flew past, i'm still in the fast lane, and am going 70mph (65 is the SL, so i'm safe) i'm passing 3 big trucks that just got over, so it takes me a little time, and the cop is now riding my bumper like crazy, but again, he has no real reason to go fast or he'd flash his lights and i'l move over and let him by, at the point i pass the trucks i turn on my signal and slowly move into the right lane, and the cop goes to fly by me, as he does so i catch his eye and give him the finger, (this part is debatable, but he was doing something against the law, to both the other car and me, and it was unsafe!)

As soon as i do this, he slams on the breaks and drops behind me and flicks on his lights, so i hit my 4ways and pull over, takes his time putting on his hat and get out and does the "cop walk" up to me, he looks to be a real rookie probably early 20's, he growls at me for my license and registration, which i give him through my 1/3rd down window. He says he'll be back in a few minutes. I see him talking on the pone while in his car (probably with his CO, who is telling him he cant pull me over for that) and about 8 minutes later he walks up and hands me my stuff and tells me that i'm lucky and he's only giving me a warning.

At that point i say "officer, you don't mind telling me why i was pulled over in the first place?" He blusters and says for flipping off a LEO, i kind of pause, look at him and say, "so has Obama removed the 1st amendment already?" He said "huh", so i went on to say "as far as i know sir, the 1st amendment is still there, and it protects our right to free speech". He kinda backed up and didn't know what to say, after a little he said, "well that does not mean you can just drive around in the middle of the night and scream curses", to which i said that is correct, but i was not doing that. I told him that what he was doing was unsafe, and against the law, by tailgating both me, and the other car in that way, which is why i flipped him off, i then asked for his name and badge number, which he reluctantly gave me, and he roughly told me to have a good day, to which i responded by saying you to sir, and please read up on the law and the constitution, and drive safely... I then pulled out, and he flew by me a little later, while paying very much attention to something on the other side of the road.

During the entire thing i was very respectful, never once saying anything out of line, nor talking loud, i respect cops in general (as well as the position they hold), but each individual one has to earn that respect, and this one did not...
    Last edited by ironcowboy; September 17th, 2009 at 10:15 PM.
    Semper Fi

(Mercer County)

Default Re: I got pulled over today, for doing nothing wrong...

1. Call his supervisor.
    2. Write his supervisor.
    3. Post an update here.
    4. Use paragraphs.

Rock on!

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Paradigm View Post
    1. Call his supervisor.
    2. Write his supervisor.
    3. Post an update here.
    4. Use paragraphs.

Rock on!

I will be doing so, i'll also fix the format, i typed it fast before i forgot anything, and i'll post an update later.

Also, WOW, already neg rep for this, from someone who would not even post a comment saying what i did wrong? What a man!
    Semper Fi

(Mercer County)

Quote Originally Posted by ironcowboy View Post
    Also, WOW, already neg rep for this, from someone who would not even post a comment saying what i did wrong? What a man!
    If I had to guess, it was probably partly due to residual effect from your other thread.

Chin up, Sparky...

I can't help but wonder if this really happened, or if it was something that his uncle told him...
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Lancaster County)

Thanks bro,

And to GL, if you'd like the officers name and badge number, so you can ask him if he did in truth pull someone over today at 6:10 for what i said feel free to ask...
    Semper Fi

(Mercer County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    I can't help but wonder if this really happened, or if it was something that his uncle told him...
    Careful, now...I went on vacation for a few days when I referenced a contentious thread in another thread.

Just sayin'...

Well not 100% convinced about the story but I will say:

How many GD times have we talked about 'flipping off' ANYONE, let alone a cop?

Seriously, maybe he was tailgating but your actions fall WELL BELOW any 'standards' of decent behavior I can think of. How about 'getting over it' and moving on with your life ... why must you fall into the behavior of the least common denominator? You are surprised he pulled you over? Seriously, are you that delusional?

Rights are one thing, being an asshat is another... maybe he was being impatient, maybe he was a little to close for your liking but YOU stooped to the level of 'knuckle dragger' by flipping him off.

We have discussed this 1000 times here, grow up, move on and keep your damn fingers on the steering wheel. Flipping ANYONE off is the beginning of a problem, sure as shit.

I see no defense for your action and I won't 'beat up' a cop because you decided to act like a 10 year old.

(Chester County)

No offense here but... You shouldn't give people the finger while driving, its bad manners (here's a good rule to live by while driving, don't do anything to another driver that you wouldn't do with your mother in the passenger seat).

When you are carrying a firearm you need to be careful that you don't wind up in a road rage incident. If you are inclined to flip off a LEO, I am inclined to believe you would flip off anybody including someones grandmother for driving slow in the fast lane... I wont neg rep ya but I will be honest. The cop shouldn't have pulled you over but that doesn't mean you weren't an ass.

(Montgomery County)

I'm checkin snopes now
    "Oderint Dum Metuant" - BMFH

"Tact is for people not witty enough to use sarcasm"

Note: any whingeing crazy that hits my PM inbox will be deleted without reply

Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast