Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Stoeger Condor owners, have you experienced?...

I took my Stoeger Condor O/U 12 gauge dove hunting this evening. Got a few shots on some doves. Two separate times though when I fired, the bottom barrel would fire no problem, but when I tried to fire the second (the upper) barrel, nothing happened. I don't know if my thumb accidently hit the safety button and caused the safety to engage, or the recoil of the gun caused the safety to jar into engagement, thus preventing me from firing the top barrel.

I've had this gun for about two years now, and have fired maybe 200 to 250 rounds through it in total. I have never had this problem until today. In fact, just this past Sunday, I fired about two and a half boxes through it at the club during some informal skeet shooting, without incident.

Just wondering if any other Stoeger owners have experienced this, and if so how it can be corrected. Thanks.
    Last edited by Poonie; September 2nd, 2009 at 10:02 PM.

Default Re: Stoeger Condor owners, have you experienced?...

i bought mine 2/20/09 and have atleast 3,000 rounds through it. never had a problem with the gun been cleaned 3 times the gun is reliable i bought mine as a combo 20g/12g set so i can switch to my 20g barrels for my girlfriend have about 150 rounds through the 20g. where did you get the gun from? i got mine from dicks and they said if anything breaks on it they pay to send it back and they pay for fixing it. for as long as i have the receipt.

sorry to hear yours is having problems. for $450 out the door i am in love with this gun. no fancy engravings, no special stocks, no frills at all just a good O/U.

Good Luck

(Chester County)

I bought mine at Dick's also. I doubt I have the receipt anymore. I've not had any problems with this gun until tonight. Maybe it just needs to be thoroughly cleaned.

I googled Stoeger problems, and found a few people had similar problems. One guy mentioned he had the safety engagement similar to mine and siad it was a screw that was loose in the safety mechanism. An easy fix.

Well, I am going to monitor the problem. If it is only intermittant, I won't worry to much about it, as this gun isn't used all that much anyway. If it gets worse, then I will have to deal with it.

(Montgomery County)

Usually that has to do with a light primer strike.

Mine didn't like some of the Estate ammo... liked the Winchester / remmington Wally eworld stuff... I'm OK with that.

when looking at the shells, we noticed that the primers pocket area was cupped a little...setting the primer a little farther away from the striker.

changed ammo... not a problem in 1000 rounds or so

Ive had that happen once....but its due to ammo, what kinda ammo do you use?

(Chester County)

Hmm, I'm wondering then if it could be the ammo. I normall buy the wally world 100 rnd bulk packs of winchester low base universal target loads. Wonder if that is the culprit? I mean I've shot high brass Pheasant loads, and even brutally punishing turkey loads through this gun and not had a problem. Maybe it is the ammo!

(Allegheny County)

Does your safety move that easily that recoil would cause it to engage? I've put several thousands of rounds through mine and the safety is still really gritty & tight. The Condor has inertia triggers...maybe something internal is preventing the trigger from resetting after the first shot? I shot some skeet with mine using my Savage four-tenner tubes w/.410 skeet loads and the trigger wouldn't reset about half the time. I found that if you flicked the safety on, then off between shots, the trigger would reset for the second shot. If it happens again, try putting the safety on then off and see if it will fire the second shot.
    There are three kinds of people in this world....them what's good at math and them what ain't.

(Chester County)

Took the gun back out to the dove fields this past Friday night. I'm happy to say I had no malfunctions. So, either this is an intermittent thing, or maybe the ammo I bought has a few bad loads. I think at this point I'm just going to enjoy the gun and not worry about this unless it happens again.

I did somehow put a nice scratch on the receiver which is pissing me off. I think it happened when I laid the gun down on the tailgate of my truck. My truck has a rubberized bed liner, but there must have been a pebble or piece of grit from my son's boot as he jumped in the back to put his gear away just before I laid the gun down. Oh well, shit happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Poonie View Post
    Took the gun back out to the dove fields this past Friday night. I'm happy to say I had no malfunctions. So, either this is an intermittent thing, or maybe the ammo I bought has a few bad loads. I think at this point I'm just going to enjoy the gun and not worry about this unless it happens again.

I did somehow put a nice scratch on the receiver which is pissing me off. I think it happened when I laid the gun down on the tailgate of my truck. My truck has a rubberized bed liner, but there must have been a pebble or piece of grit from my son's boot as he jumped in the back to put his gear away just before I laid the gun down. Oh well, shit happens.
    Awww that sucks.....i try to keep mine away from anything that may hurt it lol.....that one little scratch will be a torn in urside everytime u look at it.

Hey when you first bought yours, was yours stiff to open???

(Chester County)

Well, I don't really look at scratches and dings as I used to. When I was younger I'd get really burned up over a ding or scratch, but hey what can you really do about it? These things are gonna happen no matter how careful one is. I still get upset when I get a scratch on a gun, but nowadays I look at it as just something that's going to happen when a gun is being used. The gun will shoot just the same with or without the scratch.

Yes, the gun was pretty stiff to open when I got it, and frankly still is.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast