Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Schuylkill County)

Thumbs down No business for desantis.... Buy elsewhere

I just purchased a desantis S.O.B. Holster for my Taurus pt140 along with the double mag pouch. It LOOKED to be quality and desantis having a good rep from what i read about the company i felt ok about spending the $$ for it. When I got it home had to try it around the house for a bit and Finger F#?K it for a while. I had it on maybe 20 minutes or so when the Double mag pouch came undone... The problem is one of the snaps is bent or misshapen and dosen't lock. When the smallest bit of pressure is put on one of the snaps it comes open. The other snap locks firmly....how you would expect it to...
    I fig no problem i will just call Desantis and return this one or have them ship me out another... whatever they wanted to do to make it right....

Well make it right is something their customer service dosen't kow how to do..

Upon calling Desantis customer service pick up quick i explaned my problem to the girl on the other line she said no problem i can just ship it back to her.
    I pay for shipping and to have it repaired???? WTF... dont worry not much money like 20.00 even thought i bought it for 36 something at cabelas they need 20.00 to fix it AND I DIDN'T EVEN BREAK IT.

I reexplained that i just bought it it was no more then 1 hour old and why should i have to pay for a repair to something i just bought...???

She explained that since i didn't buy directly from them they charge to have anything fixed.. Even though they have a warranty.. it only extends if you bought it DIRECTLY FROM THEM.

-OR-

I would have to drive 2 hours back to the store (Cabelas) and have them ship it out if i didn't want to pay. I told her i could provide a reciept or anything else that she needed for proof of purchase and that the store was far away. She told me that the reciept was not good enough and that i should have bought it closer to home Or throught them online.... Then i would have no problem returning it..

I tried everything to tell her as to why they should stand behind their product. She didn't want to hear it and told me that if i don't want to pay she cant help me.. I explained about me never buying something from their company again and the bad feedback online she said that if i can't adhear to their policy i shouldn't be one of their customers....

Where is this policy stated?

While i cannot find their policy i believe i know how it goes....

If you buy a defective product from Desantis you should like it, even though it is broke, or return it and pay for us to fix our mistakes. If you don't like either of these options shop elsewhere.

Great Customer Service!!!! Totally ignorant...

That about sums it up...

Thank Goodness Cabelas has Great customer service and will exchange it W/o question... Whenever i get there again......
    Last edited by lilb93; September 17th, 2009 at 10:46 AM.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: No business for desantis.... Buy elsewhere

I had exactly the same experience with a DeSantis holster many years ago: bought it from a store, it didn't work, got brushed off by DeSantis when I called them for help. Never bought another DeSantis item since.

(Allegheny County)

Not that I'm doubting it's broken, but have you confirmed that you're snapping it correctly? Typically directional 'pull the dot' snaps are used where they are to be snapped in one direction only. You have to put the one side on the snap and roll the other side on.

If you already know this, ignore me and I'm sorry you are having problems...

(Montgomery County)

Policy, Shmolicy. I know a thing or two about customer service specifically and you should not give up so easily. Here is what you should do:

Call back to DeSantis, explain your problem to another customer service rep. IF you get a similar response do not be discouraged. Ask to speak to the reps manager. Explain it again to the manager and describe how you have been a DeSantis customer for quite some time and that the current item is below your expectations (while remaining cordial of course).

If the manager acts in a similar manner, ask to talk to the managers manager.

Seriously, this works. Do not ever take no for an answer when it comes to customer service regarding a defective product. Policies can easily be circumvented by higher level (manager, supervisor level) employees is the spirit of avoiding negative exposure. This is especially true in the age of the internets.

Be careful though, do not get hot or threaten to post negative info online right away. Understand that this is like all confrontations, and that you cannot de-escalate. That means that once you cross a line you cannot go back and say "oopsie." Remain reasonable and cool, yet determined. Do this and you will have success.

(Schuylkill County)

i actually did just call back They restated their "POLICY" i asked to speak with a mgr. i think they gave me to the lady i spoke with 1st this morning... I was going to go to cabelas and exchange it with another... but now i think the whole thing is going back pistol holster and mag pouch alike... Desantis can Kiss My @$$.
    I am normally great with customer service ppl always get what i want and more but they don't even want to hear any reason at Desantis.

I returned a crimson trace grip i bought on here used didn't work. called Crimson trace They sent me a new.. even upgraded me to the lg385 grip (extended rubber overmolded) from the lg185. And they had it here B4 i sent the other one out....2 days..

Now there is a good company with great customer service.... and B/c of that i now have one on my taurus 85 , my 1911, and a laser guard setup for my glock.

My brother also got one for his ar...
    Good customer service means a lot..... I spend my $$$ where they are appreciated..

If Desantis would have said no problem i'll get you one right out and just put the other one in the box and send back i would have been satisfied.

But now i will never purchase any of their products again.
    And make it my duty to make sure no one (even the random guy next to me in an asile looking at one) buys any of their products.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_NEPhila View Post
    Policy, Shmolicy. I know a thing or two about customer service specifically and you should not give up so easily. Here is what you should do:

Call back to DeSantis, explain your problem to another customer service rep. IF you get a similar response do not be discouraged. Ask to speak to the reps manager. Explain it again to the manager and describe how you have been a DeSantis customer for quite some time and that the current item is below your expectations (while remaining cordial of course).

If the manager acts in a similar manner, ask to talk to the managers manager.

Seriously, this works. Do not ever take no for an answer when it comes to customer service regarding a defective product. Policies can easily be circumvented by higher level (manager, supervisor level) employees is the spirit of avoiding negative exposure. This is especially true in the age of the internets.

Be careful though, do not get hot or threaten to post negative info online right away. Understand that this is like all confrontations, and that you cannot de-escalate. That means that once you cross a line you cannot go back and say "oopsie." Remain reasonable and cool, yet determined. Do this and you will have success.
    So then this behavior from Desantis is acceptable in your eyes?

I will tell you that I never liked any of their business practices . Also the Rep in this area is a complete Asswipe.
    They come to me after being in business 3 years trying to peddle there product. I had contacted them when I first opened and got nothing. So now they get nothing from me.

I have holsters made by them personally. I have never been a fan.
    Last edited by rflynn; September 22nd, 2009 at 11:01 PM.

(Montgomery County)

I did not say that their behavior was acceptable in my post. I advised the OP on a tactic to use to attempt to resolve the unsatisfactory situation.

By the way, it is "their" not "there" to indicate a possessive.