Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Chester County)

Thumbs up Why I Like Sigs...

Good evening.

I had another wonderful experience with SIGARMS today and it occurred to me that each time I have a wonderful experience with SIGARMS I ought to write it down so others will understand the attraction.

Late this afternoon, I received my replacement lasergrips from Crimson Trace. Readers may recall that I purchased a new pair of lasergrips for my carry P230SL from Farmer's Market Gun Shop a few weeks ago. However, when I called Crimson Trace to clear the grips (by serial number) for recall applicability, the grips were found to be defective. So, Crimson Trace sent me a replacement set of lasergrips with a postage-paid envelope to return the recalled lasergrips.

When I installed the lasergrips on my P230SL, I ran into a problem in which the left grip screw, when tightened to the properly torqued snugness, protruded into the magazine well resulting in the magazine not being able to be fully inserted into the gun. I had not previously encountered this problem on the P230SL with the original manufacturer's plastic grips, the manufacturer's replacement wood grips or the rubber Hogue grips I eventually ended up using on this P230SL. In all cases, I was using the original manufacturer-supplied silver grip screws.

I immediately contacted Crimson Trace and the customer service representative advised me that they believed my grip screws should have accompanying star (lock) washers, which would increase the seating distance of the screw head enough to eliminate any protrusion into the magazine well. Crimson Trace went on to suggest that I contact SIGARMS for the washers because Crimson Trace didn't have anything to offer in this regard. I'll add here that my P230SL did not come with star washers (or any other kind of washers) on the grip screws when I purchased the gun new. It is true that some of my other Sigs have washers on the grips screws.

So, the next call was to SIGARMS. I spoke with Scott in customer service. The conversation literally went like this:

Quote Originally Posted by Scott
    Sig Sauer customer service, Scott speaking. How may I help you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Me
    Hi, Scott. My name is Lisa and I am attempting to install Crimson Trace lasergrips on my Sig P230SL and I'm having the following problem...blah...blah...blah... Anyway, Crimson Trace seems to believe that the addition of a star washer on each of the two grip screws will prevent the screws from protruding into the magazine well.
    Yes, that sounds right. What's your address, Lisa?
    Blah...blah...blah...
    How many washers would you like, Lisa?
    Well, Scott, there are two grip screws so I guess two washers should do the trick.
    Okay, Lisa. I'm going to send you four washers just in case.
    Oh wow! Thank you, Scott.
    That's okay. You should have them in about one week. Is there anything else I can help you with?
    Quote Originally Posted by me
    No, Scott. I appreciate your help with this. Wow, great!
    Okay. Thank you for calling Sig Sauer. Have a nice day!
    Thank you, again, Scott. Take care!
    Gosh, I sure do like Sigs.

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Why I Like Sigs...

Quote Originally Posted by lcompton View Post
    Good evening.

I had another wonderful experience with SIGARMS today and it occurred to me that each time I have a wonderful experience with SIGARMS I ought to write it down so others will understand the attraction.

Late this afternoon, I received my replacement lasergrips from Crimson Trace. Readers may recall that I purchased a new pair of lasergrips for my carry P230SL from Farmer's Market Gun Shop a few weeks ago. However, when I called Crimson Trace to clear the grips (by serial number) for recall applicability, the grips were found to be defective. So, Crimson Trace sent me a replacement set of lasergrips with a postage-paid envelope to return the recalled lasergrips.

When I installed the lasergrips on my P230SL, I ran into a problem in which the left grip screw, when tightened to the properly torqued snugness, protruded into the magazine well resulting in the magazine not being able to be fully inserted into the gun. I had not previously encountered this problem on the P230SL with the original manufacturer's plastic grips, the manufacturer's replacement wood grips or the rubber Hogue grips I eventually ended up using on this P230SL. In all cases, I was using the original manufacturer-supplied silver grip screws.

I immediately contacted Crimson Trace and the customer service representative advised me that they believed my grip screws should have accompanying star (lock) washers, which would increase the seating distance of the screw head enough to eliminate any protrusion into the magazine well. Crimson Trace went on to suggest that I contact SIGARMS for the washers because Crimson Trace didn't have anything to offer in this regard. I'll add here that my P230SL did not come with star washers (or any other kind of washers) on the grip screws when I purchased the gun new. It is true that some of my other Sigs have washers on the grips screws.

So, the next call was to SIGARMS. I spoke with Scott in customer service. The conversation literally went like this:

I will like them a lot more when they put an ambi on the p238

Gosh, I sure do like Sigs.

I found both triggers to be terrible to me so the triggers are on a scale to me.. The Glock was a crisper suck and the XD was a more mushy suck. They are in the same family, SR9 (heavy suck), Glock (crisp heavy suck), XD( lighter mushy suck), M&P(heavy mushy suck).

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by thelemite View Post
    Sig will be alot more accomodating to you when you learn how to shoot the proper way! I'm just messing with you.

To the OP, Sig Sauer has always been good to me, both with their firearms and with their customer service, and thats all i ask or need in a company.
    "A peaceful mind generates power"

And I thought you were going to say it's because they look so good with dinner.

(Chester County)

Smile Re: Why I Like Sigs...

Good evening, BSH.

Quote Originally Posted by BSH View Post
    And I thought you were going to say it's because they look so good with dinner.
    Oh, and that, too! LOL