Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default Green shoots ... Green mold

The MSM has been trumpeting how the economy and the markets have turned the corner and are doing well. They show a few "market" indexes to prove how well they are doing.

Here are two images that show a little different story. The first one is the Russell 1000. This is the typical thing that CNBC who ever will show. This index is a group of the 1000 largest companies in the US. (you can ignore the lines and just focus how how the chart looks). By the way this is a weekly chart. One bar = One week.

Now ... the chart below is of the Wilshire 5000. This is a broad measure of the stock market and covers 5000 stocks that range from small to large companies. (again, you can ignore all the little lines that I have on the chart)

Now that's a little different than the first, no one really talks about it though. Imagine that

Now ... what kind of companies got supported by the Gov't? Hint .. not the little guys. Wonder where all that TARP, TALF, etc money went? What's going to happen when/if they money stops flowing?
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    If the police could confiscate all of your guns and ammo using just one van, then you didn't own enough guns or ammo.
    WTB - NDS3 or NDS1 receiver FTF

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Green shoots ... Green mold

Your bottom chart has a few months missing off of it, other than that their identical.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Green shoots ... Green mold

Quote Originally Posted by RaisedByWolves View Post
    Your bottom chart has a few months missing off of it, other than that their identical.

Crap .. Your right. I just figured that out last night. I had that little voice in my head all day say that something wasn't right. I just couldn't put my finger on it, then it hit me. Stupid data provider wasn't updating the pricing any more. Crap Crap. Well, for full disclosure here is what the chart really looks like:

I still don't think that we are out of the woods yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    If the police could confiscate all of your guns and ammo using just one van, then you didn't own enough guns or ammo.
    WTB - NDS3 or NDS1 receiver FTF