Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Franklin County)

Smile Please, introduce yourself

Smalls created a fantastic thread in the Franklin forum and I thought it a great idea to mimic that thread here for fellowship.

Hi, my name is Mark. I'm almost 50 yrs. young and I live just east of Bobby A's restaurant on route 30. If you're familiar with the term Sippy Mountain that's where I'm at. If you're unfamiliar, it's not on a map and I'll spare you the story.

I moved to PA from MD last spring and shortly after I obtained my LTCF. I'm usually OCing a S&W 642 that I love to shoot. For a snubby, I've become quite satisfied with it's performance. I also own a Ruger 22/45 and a Mossberg 590 that I've tac'd out a bit.

We have a makeshift, little shooting range up here but it's in need of some TLC that I'll be applying soon. I haven't yet joined any of the clubs that are close to me, but I plan to next spring. I'm keeping my finances under check until after this winter because it appears my work will be slowing down a bit.

Other then what I've mentioned I can't think of anything significant to add. I'd enjoy putting faces to any members that would like to meet up sometime. We do have a large patio area on the property where the residents all gather quite frequently. A large grill for cooking and a fire pit. We've had several weddings and large parties on the property because it's such a unique place.

If there was enough interest I could talk to the property manager about a gathering up here. A cookout on the patio up in the woods is a welcome break from the norm. Of course I wouldn't mind meeting someone that'd like to just drop by for some conversation. I know it's uncomfortable to meet strangers sometime but I'm pretty extroverted and I really don't know anyone thus far except for the other tenants on the property.

Default Re: Please, introduce yourself

Hi my name is Adam, I am 22 and now living in Harrisburg. I am a St.Marys Elk County native. I recently graduated from Lock Haven University with a degree in Recreation Management with a focus in Outdoors. I did some work this summer for the Coast Guard down in Yorktown VA. I owe all my knowledge of the laws and situational awareness to this website. I owe all my experience with guns to my family and location. I am an avid rock climber and outdoorsman. I am also an Alpha Sig… Woot! I am currently unemployed and looking for work in the Harrisburg area…
    Well That’s all for now…
    ΑΣΦ

(Adams County)

Hey. I'm Evan. I'm 35, I live in Littlestown and work not to far from Mark at the Adams County Winery where I'm the winemaker. I am a not so active member of Adams County Sport Handgunners Association. I joined after taking the NRA basic pistol class there this spring. I usually shoot at the Micheaux gun range as it's close to work.
    My main interest is WWII firearms, but my handgun is a Sig P250. I also have a Smith Corona 1903a3, an Enfield No4 Mk1 which I am planning to sell, a National Postal Meter M1 carbine, a Turk mauser which I won in a raffle on Gunboards, and a Remington .22. I also have a Bren Mk1 dummy gun which I inheirited from my great uncle's estate. He is the real reason I am into firearms.
    He was a class 3 collector and dealer. When he passed away a few years ago I realized what I had missed out on and started my small collection. Someday I hope to have a collection like his.

(Franklin County)

Howdy Evan,

I'll have to pop down and meet you at the Winery. This may sound a little unusual, but I'm proud I wouldn't be able to join you with a sip off the vine. I had a drink a looong time ago and forgot to stop for a couple of years LOL.

I would like to meet you though, and perhaps we can get together at one of the shooting ranges you mentioned. I've yet to visit either one, but I just moved to the area a few months ago.

Thanks for introducing yourself and we'll have to meet each other real soon… Mark

(Adams County)

Hi,

I just moved from MD to PA and will be stopping buy the Sherriffs office tomorrowo to pick up my LTCF. I am an active member of Catoctin Fish and Game In Myersville, MD. and just joined Waynesboro Fish and Game Protective Association as they are MUCH closer than CF&G for me after the move.

~K

Quote Originally Posted by Kerovick View Post
    Hi,

I just moved from MD to PA and will be stopping buy the Sherriffs office tomorrowo to pick up my LTCF. I am an active member of Catoctin Fish and Game In Myersville, MD. and just joined Waynesboro Fish and Game Protective Association as they are MUCH closer than CF&G for me after the move.

~K
    Come to York for dinner Wednesday night!!!!!!

(Bucks County)

Hi everyone, my name is Kris Im 35, I live in Quakertown, Pa. I enjoy riding atvs, fishing, paintball and of course shooting. Do to some tuff times I had to sell alot of my guns. But I will slowly rebuild my collection.

(Adams County)

Quote Originally Posted by fingers80002 View Post
    Come to York for dinner Wednesday night!!!!!!
    I had way to much to do tonight, maybe next time.

New to the forum, and thought I would say hello and introduce myself.

I am Don, currently lving in Thurmont, MD (About 11 miles south of freedom) and am in the process of getting bills paid and plan on moving to the Gettysburg area next year. I have had my Fl Non-Res permit for awhile and use it as often as I can in PA, as I shop, dine, and would rather spend my money in PA than in MD.

I am originally from North Carolina, did 12 years in the Corps, and now working down in DC.

Been a Shooter my entire life, and currently, when time and my 6 month old daughter permits, shoot in IDPA. Just joined the USPSA and attended a new shooter course for it. Figure I will give myself until the spring to get some gear and practice in before going full bore into it. Also just bought an National Match AR, so I am looking to get into some rifle shoots with it too.

I have active on the MDShooter forums, and decided to join my future homestate's boards. Hope to be able to learn a little bit about owning/carrying/shooting in PA, and hope I can contribute a little to the discussions.
    No man’s life, liberty, or properties are safe while the legislature is in session.

(Franklin County)

Hi Don,

I lived in Thurmont for awhile also. It's a nice town, but you'll luuuuv PA. There are a lot of nice places around Gettysburg and I'm sure you'll find something to you liking. I'm in a hurry but thought I'd pop in to respond.

Thank you for your service to our country….. Mark

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast