Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Dauphin County)

Default Holster for a Taurus Protector 651SS

Ok, now that I have ordered and are going to be picking up my Taurus 651, WTF can I fit that bastid inside of in the way of a concealed carry holster? Looking for a paddle if at all possible, dont care about what its made out of, as long as the price does not exceed $100.

I have been looking at the Fobus Paddle for the Taurus 85 and a Galco Paddle for the 605, but I don't know if either of those will fit for sure. If anyone in the forum carries a 651 please let me know what you carry it in lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by GOULD, Circuit Judge, concurring:
    Second, the right to bear arms is a protection against the possibility that even our own government could degenerate into tyranny, and though this may seem unlikely, this possibility should be guarded against with individual diligence.

(Perry County)

Default Re: Holster for a Taurus Protector 651SS

Coustain: I have a Fobus paddle for my Taurus model 85 and really like the holster. Some knock Fobus holsters, but I found it to be affordable and conceals my 85 well even under a T-shirt. I'm waiting for them to make one for my FNP-9M.

I don't know if it would fit your 651...I assume you already checked their website and didn't see it listed? I'd give Fobus a call and ask. If they don't know...try calling Taurus and asking them. It looks like it might be the same frame and the 85 and it is a 5-shot.
    Dave G.

"Gun control has not worked in D.C. The only people who have guns are criminals. We have the strictest gun laws in the nation and one of the highest murder rates. It's quicker to pull your Smith & Wesson than to dial 911 if you're being robbed."

-Lieutenant Lowell Duckett, Special Assistant to DC Police Chief; President, Black Police Caucus, The Washington Post, March 22, 1996

FN Herstal FNP-9M 9mm compact
    Taurus model 85 .38 special

(York County)

I don't know if it's the same frame as the 85, but dimensionally, the 85 and 651 are very close. Both are 6.5" long, 4.28" high. The 651 is about .030" (1/32) wider the the 85. That width difference might make the gun a bit snug in the holster until it (the holster) is broken in.
    The 651 weighs 25 oz. That makes it a bit heavy for pocket carry which is too bad. That's a nice sized gun for carrying in a pocket.

(Dauphin County)

Wink Re: Holster for a Taurus Protector 651SS

Quote Originally Posted by RoyJackson View Post
    I don't know if it's the same frame as the 85, but dimensionally, the 85 and 651 are very close. Both are 6.5" long, 4.28" high. The 651 is about .030" (1/32) wider the the 85. That width difference might make the gun a bit snug in the holster until it (the holster) is broken in.
    The 651 weighs 25 oz. That makes it a bit heavy for pocket carry which is too bad. That's a nice sized gun for carrying in a pocket.
    Thanks for that comparison, I am on the line with Fobus right now checking if it is compatible or not. And I have a 16 ounce .38 that I can stick in my pocket if I absolutely have to carry that way
    Second, the right to bear arms is a protection against the possibility that even our own government could degenerate into tyranny, and though this may seem unlikely, this possibility should be guarded against with individual diligence.

(Dauphin County)

Ok, Fobus is out. They do not recomend me placing any firearm that is not meant for a specific holster.

Talking Re: Holster for a Taurus Protector 651SS

I carry a 605 Taurus 357 most of the time. It is a small frame as is a 85 model 38 spl. A 651 is also a small frame. The 605 will work in a 85 holster or a 85 in a 605 holster. S&W J-frame holsters also fit a model 85 or 605. I could be wrong but I think your model will fit these even if it's not listed? Hope I helped?

(Dauphin County)

I picked it up today, it's FREAKING SWEET lol. I'm using the Uncle Mike's pocket holster that I was carrying my .38 in for now, and it works nicely. Not as heavy as I was thinking it was going to be in the pocket. But I am definitely getting a paddle holster soon. Just need to figure out which one . Currently looking at the Galco.