Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Today was the day for FIRST CC!!!!!!

After going to the range today and settling back home about to clean my pistols when I had this craving for a quick snack. Being that I haven't been to the grocery store in a while, my fridge and pantry were all empty. Right before I headed out I decided that I would CC. I told myself that I would never carry until I took a class, being that every class I look at gets booked before I call, I have not taken that class yet. But needless to say, I loaded my Sig P239 and grabbed by Don Hume IWB and off I went.

I spent 5 mins in the local gas station, got a few snacks, paid and back home I went. I was a little nervous but don't think that I showed it. I didn't get any "adrenaline rush" or a need to "act tough", like some anti's argue. I honestly can't say that I felt more protected, safer or any different then I normally do. It just felt like any old trip to the store. Thats normal right?

Anyway I plan on carrying more now, especially since the P239 carries like a dream. The Don Hume fits like a glove and positioned right behind the hip, I barely felt it while walking about or driving. Other than that it was a pleasant experience I guess.

FYI....I do have my LTCF....Didn't want to worry anybody.

(Dauphin County)

Default Re: Today was the day for FIRST CC!!!!!!

Congrats to you.

I had my first, a bit differently. I started CC'ing empty because it really felt strange to me. Then loaded, but none in the chamber. Then fully ready. I became more comfortable each time, to the point now, when I don't carry I feel constantly like I'm forgetting something.

Best of luck and stay safe.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by ksig1869 View Post
    . . . I was a little nervous but don't think that I showed it. I didn't get any "adrenaline rush" or a need to "act tough", like some anti's argue. I honestly can't say that I felt more protected, safer or any different then I normally do. It just felt like any old trip to the store. Thats normal right? . . .
    You are talking about the way I felt the first time I carried. I would think that, except for being aware of your gun at all times (think "retention"), it should feel natural. For me, knowing I have my trusty friend at my side lets me know if I am ever forced into a bad situation I have a fighting chance, but otherwise you're right.

Be safe and welcome to the "club"!

(Northumberland County)

congrats on your first CC i did my first in march when i got my LTCF i kept checking to make sure the safety was still on. its pretty scarey at first with a loaded chambered gun then after awhile you get the hang of it .

anyways enjoy many years of carrying and be safe!

(Lancaster County)

I carry very rarely at this point in time since my fiance is against me carrying. She has no problem with me owning a gun, she just doesn't like the idea of me carrying. So I know how you feel while carrying. I barely notice anymore when it is on my hip, however I am constantly checking to make sure that my shirt hasn't pulled up or gotten snagged on the grip. The G19 is still a somewhat diffictult weapon for me to concel depending on how I am dressed

(Westmoreland County)

Congratulations on your first carry.

Quote Originally Posted by 98XJRC View Post
    I carry very rarely at this point in time since my fiance is against me carrying. She has no problem with me owning a gun, she just doesn't like the idea of me carrying. So I know how you feel while carrying. I barely notice anymore when it is on my hip, however I am constantly checking to make sure that my shirt hasn't pulled up or gotten snagged on the grip. The G19 is still a somewhat diffictult weapon for me to concel depending on how I am dressed
    I was worried about that too. I thought that I was fine but after getting back in my car I noticed that my shirt was riding over the handle so it was defintely exposed. My shirt always tends to ride up when I sit but I thought that I fixed it before heading in the store. Probably didn't notice anything but if they did I guarantee that they would have said something or called the cops. I think that they have been robbed a few times, but I didn't see any signs outside I did a detailed look, maybe missed the "No Firearms" on some obscure part of the front door. Anyways it was a good first experience for me. Thanks for the rep, will rep back when I have a chance.

So nothing happened, when they didn't see you firearm..........

Thanks for the surprise............

(York County)

Congrats on finally carrying. Remember, your not supposed to feel any different, but just be aware of the ginormous liability you have on your side now, and act accordingly.

Also, superb choice in a carry piece as well. I carry a Sig P239 in 9mm alot of times as well. Thats when i'm not carrying my P226 or P229.
    "A peaceful mind generates power"

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow View Post
    Congrats on finally carrying. Remember, your not supposed to feel any different, but just be aware of the ginormous liability you have on your side now, and act accordingly.

Also, superb choice in a carry piece as well. I carry a Sig P239 in 9mm alot of times as well. Thats when i'm not carrying my P226 or P229.
    Yea I figured the P229 was too big for warm weather being that I usually wear t-shirts so for now I'm sticking with the P239. I love how it shoots and how it feels so I think its a good fit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast