Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    (Wayne County)

Default Re: Dunkleberger's East Stroudsburg

Quote Originally Posted by Warpt762x39 View Post
    Wait, so how can Bloomberg get away with crap like that?
    Bloomberg didn't get away w/ anything. It appears that Dunklebergers was cutting corners and got busted selling firearms illegally. What I presume is that, in order to avoid a long and very expensive defense, they agreed to the terms of a settlement agreement which stipulated that they do X, Y and Z. This isn't something that courts would normally require unless both parties agree to it.

What Bloomberg did do was screw up several other State and Federal investigations while he was playing private detective.

I've had issues w/ D-bergers in the past. I've since gotten over them. They do have a nice selection of all kinds of gear. Most prices are on the high side but, every once in a while I'll run across a good deal. But, then again, they are pretty much the only show in town when it comes to most of the stuff they sell. Without much competition, you can name your price. That's how the free market system works.
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by CHEMICAL View Post
    he does have a home here, saw him at stone bar inn one night singing opera all loud like a fool. my friend works there and waits on him regularly.

im sure he was just having a jolly good time showing off to his friends, but i went in expecting to have a quiet drink. had i wanted an obnoxious crowd i would have went straight to main street.
    LOL it seems he does this often, my brother spotted him doing something similar at a pizzeria in brodheadsville.

BTW Stone Bar Inn seems great, unfortunately I don't have 200$ to drop on dinner :/
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(Northampton County)

Well, I guess seeing as my other 4 options in my current job hunt are a no go, I'll be heading up to Dunkelbergers in the morning to put in an application. Wish me luck.

(Monroe County)

Well, I guess seeing as my other 4 options in my current job hunt are a no go, I'll be heading up to Dunkelbergers in the morning to put in an application. Wish me luck.
    Ok, good luck (not). When a customer asks you what the second "government form"(bloomberg form) is for, don't give an honest answer.

Or they will fire you like they did my friend.
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by jcabin View Post
    Ok, good luck (not). When a customer asks you what the second "government form"(bloomberg form) is for, don't give an honest answer.

Or they will fire you like they did my friend.

I can't believe that they can't be honest at all. How is that supposed to win over customers, by lying to the customers face?
    Springfield XD.40 / Rossi .357 Revolver

(Northampton County)

Didn't the DoJ tell Bloomberg to stop his investigation crap? And even if it's part of an out of court settlement, isn't it still illegal for anyone to compile a list of gun sales showing who bought what gun?

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by jengelh6471 View Post
    I can't believe that they can't be honest at all. How is that supposed to win over customers, by lying to the customers face?
    I cant believe that anyone fill's out anything extra without question!
    I would also like to see this form. I asked a few people that have worked there about it and they acted like they didn't know what I was talking about.
    Not making excuses for Jere but I would like to see the form for myself.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by jengelh6471 View Post
    Sure, if they were up front about it, things might be different.

They could have a disclaimer saying "we got in trouble for selling guns illegally to nyc street thugs, who were affiliated with the notorious bloods and latin kings gangs. Instead of facing prosecution, being shut down, and facing massive business crippling fines, we entered an agreement with bloomberg to send all information from every gun purchase made within the store, to bloomberg's people, so they can review the information and make sure you aren't on their criminal watch list".

But they won't do that, and if you tell a customer why, you will be fired.
    Ask them about it. If they can't give you an honest answer rip your application in half and throw it on the floor.

(Northampton County)

Didn't the DoJ tell Bloomberg to stop his investigation crap? And even if it's part of an out of court settlement, isn't it still illegal for anyone to compile a list of gun sales showing who bought what gun?
    That is a good question. But Jere did sign a contract with Bloomberg. That is a fact!

(Monroe County)

Dood, don't ask me. ASK DUNKELBURGERS.
    They're doing it. Go and attempt to buy a gun, and when they give you the "second government form", that you've NEVER seen at any gun shop before in PA, ask them what its for.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast