Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Chambersburg PA (Pure Appalachia), Pennsylvania
    (Franklin County)

Default At the MAAC gun show in Harrisburg today

At the "MAAC Gun Show" at the Farm Show complex in Harrisburg, today:

Prices for just about everything were (seemingly) all over the place. Nothing was “as low as or lower than” it should be.

Greek 30-06 in a sealed can of 192 rds, (Garand clips in bandoleers) $135 at one place, $150 at another, but when informed of the 135 price, the lady said she would match it. (= $.70/rd).

200 rds linked Yugoslavian 30-06, 1988 headstamp, not sure if it is corrosive or not (or even if it is Boxer or Berdan) $50.00 or $0.25/rd

There was a fair amount of 380ACP showing, from $16 to $32/box 50. The going price for 25ACP and 32 ACP seemed to hover between $16.95 & $24.95, still a bit steep.

9mm (WWB, Blazer Brass, Federal, Rem, and others) from $16.00/50 to 34.00/50 (and this almost next to a table that had similar for $34.00/100)

38 SPL, 40S&W, 45ACP in fairly good supply, but prices still higher than WallyWorld. -

357MAG in limited amounts, loadings, except at one guy's table, about the middle of the show-room, where he had several different laodings and widely placed prices.

I did not see ANY 357SIG anywhere. Did you?

Ammo cans were at the best prices I have seen anywhere for a long time - - a flat $7.00 for the standard 50cal cans. I wish we had more hands so we could have carried a few more out. They were clean, not at all rusted or dented, and the gaskets were in top shape. And they did not smell like they had been stored under a manure pile, either.

The bookseller ad his usual gun manuals, and he had a good selection of up-to-date reloading manuals – I got the latest Lyman at $21.00.

Normlizer found the best prices there on primers to be $35/k. but Backwooods Outfitters had them yesterday at $30.00, and no parking fee $8.00) amd no admission fee (ANOTHER $8.00).

Bullets were (generally) a good bargain. Found pulled SS109’s (62gr) at $68.00 for 500, pulled 30 cal 147’s $60.00/500. These were GOOD pulled, clean and no deformities.

Powders seemed to be available in greater quantity and variety and in 4 & 8 lb units as well, though Normlizer said he could not find Varget anywhere in any quantity.

M1A1 Springfield at $1075, and one at $1650. ??
    M1 Carbines from $650 on up, and all of them are rebuilds, and some were beat and some were gussied up. Buyer beware, I guess.

There was an AK underfolder for $450.00, with bayonet and stuff, and it was calling my name, but I was still looking for Ruger MkII stainless 22, so I held onto my $$$$$.

The only other PAFOA’er we met there (well, the only one we recognized – well to be honest HE spotted us) was Smalls - I wonder what your observations were regarding this show.

My biggest gripe was that the show was held in a small hall, not the usual arena. Size was not so much the issue, as the show was not that well attended and the crowd on Saturday mid-day was not that packed - my issue was that the lights were FEW and DIM, and in fact, reminiscent of a coal mine I once toured. I did meet a few good vendors, particularly Mechanicsburg Ordnance was there. I bought a Fobus mag pouch and another HKS speedloader. He also had a good supply of holsters, and a number of interesting pistols, notably the SCCY 9mm, of which he had two copies. (Side note: My niece bought one of these guns last week, and we are going to get together a “range report” later, unless someone beats us to it. )

The smell from the “food-court” attached to the exhibit room was just enough to drive us out when we started to get hungry. It was an easy drive around to 7th & Division to “Jimmy, the Hot Dog King”, where we got a couple of really good radioactive chili dogs. The only place in central PA where you can get a good chili dog anymore – really.

I guess there will be a show in York in the not too distant future, won’t there? I don't suppose the prices will be much betterther, will they? Anybody have a suggestion for a good chili-dog in York?

Flash

(Northampton County)

Default Re: At the MAAC gun show in Harrisburg today

Did you see any Win 748 or Hod BLC-2 in 8lb?
    ““Liberty is the right to choose. Freedom is the result of the right choice.””

-Anonymous

Jeff

Chambersburg PA (Pure Appalachia), Pennsylvania
    (Franklin County)

Default Re: At the MAAC gun show in Harrisburg today

Quote Originally Posted by shooter357 View Post
    Did you see any Win 748 or Hod BLC-2 in 8lb?
    The guy in the back had a lot of Win (and some 748) in jugs. I didn't check em all, but he did have 231, in which I was interested, too.

And a guy with a lot of knives and "swords". A couple of folks seemed awfully interested in a real, genuine, made in China "sammer-eye" sword, heated and tempered by running it through the gut of a slave. At least that's the story the seller gave one "citizen".

Flash

There was one guy in the back who had five tables of snack-food/freeaze dried edibles. Well, thank goodness it wasn't a bunch of Beanie Babies, anyway.