Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Re: New Tobyhanna Range Update

Quote Originally Posted by freddy g View Post
    CHEMICAL......it's real easy to get to,if you take 380 north to the tobyhanna exit,go to the light make a left over 380 and about a 1/4 to a half mile on your right there is a little dirt road,just past the stone turret bases and right before the second state building where they keep the snow plows, i took pictures of the entrance for all to see where to turn.
    ok sweet thanks!..that sounds easy enough!

(Monroe County)

It really is easy to find. i checked it out a few days ago, and it looked pretty clean, aside from the normal brass i didn't see garbage floating around. benches look a bit funky, but they also seem to be servicable.

(Monroe County)

CHEMICAL......it's real easy to get to,if you take 380 north to the tobyhanna exit,go to the light make a left over 380 and about a 1/4 to a half mile on your right there is a little dirt road,just past the stone turret bases and right before the second state building where they keep the snow plows, i took pictures of the entrance for all to see where to turn.
    I know there is no light when you get off 380 going north. It comes to a stop sign and the road is a T. That is the left you are talking about?

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by StovePipe View Post
    I know there is no light when you get off 380 going north. It comes to a stop sign and the road is a T. That is the left you are talking about?
    The way I go (traveling 380S), I get off rt.380 at the Tobyhanna exit (for the Army Depot). You come to a stop sign. If I remember, straight takes you to the Depot. Go to the right - putting you on route 611S. Continue to the light at route 423S (there's a Sunoco station on the right corner). Turn right and go about 1 mile. You'll come to a game commision building on right side. Take 1st dirt road on the right after that. Couple hundred yards in look to left.

(Monroe County)

STOVEPIPE..... yes i thought there was a light at the top of the ramp but my wife confermed it is a stop sign at the T in the road, so at the top of the ramp make a left at the stop sign,as you can only make a right or a left.
    "If your not prepaired to go all the way,than your not prepaired to go anywhere! " James yeager 1/9/13

(Monroe County)

STOVEPIPE..... yes i thought there was a light at the top of the ramp but my wife confermed it is a stop sign at the T in the road, so at the top of the ramp make a left at the stop sign,as you can only make a right or a left.
    Ok, IC now. We are both right. If coming north you hit the T and if you are going south you hit the light. The north and south exits come off in different spots.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by mjw6263 View Post
    The way I go (traveling 380S), I get off rt.380 at the Tobyhanna exit (for the Army Depot). You come to a stop sign. If I remember, straight takes you to the Depot. Go to the right - putting you on route 611S. Continue to the light at route 423S (there's a Sunoco station on the right corner). Turn right and go about 1 mile. You'll come to a game commision building on right side. Take 1st dirt road on the right after that. Couple hundred yards in look to left.
    Cool, I know where that sunoco and 423 are so it will be easy to find.

(Monroe County)

.the whole thing with the terrorists at gouldsboro kinda freaked me out about going to any sgl range. Not because of the terrorists, I got guns too, but the feds. anyone who went to gouldsboro within the last year of the range being open was investigated by the FBI. Or at the very least on camera and in their database. There was cameras in the backstops filming everyone that went there during that whole investigation. A cadet I know watched the videos as part of the training in the police academy. licence plates, facial recognition, what kind of guns you brought... all on video. Kinda makes you think. wtf but maybe its all ok at this new range. or its all built in ahead of time. hmm

(Lackawanna County)

I didn't realize there was a range there, or in the works there. Thats right between a friend of mine and I. Soon as the snow thaws and I have something to shoot I'll check it out.

It is open now right ? Whats up there, pistol, rifle, and shotgun ?

Reading about PCP brings back so many fond memories of high school. The gangs, the riot police, being on lock-down not sure if you were getting out of school on time... good time, good times... I got the privilege of surviving Pocono Mnt. West High School, and all the riots and gang fights. Sure do miss that place.
    Que sera, Sera

(Monroe County)

MIKE it is open everyday dusk till dawn,there is a pistol range for about 10 shooters,and a 50 yard and a 100 yard rifle range for about 15 or 20 shooters.
    and yes it is open everyday !! so far it's still real nice.
    "If your not prepaired to go all the way,than your not prepaired to go anywhere! " James yeager 1/9/13

Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast