Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Re: New Tobyhanna Range Update

Quote Originally Posted by jcabin View Post
    Went up a few days ago with the girlfriend. It was frigid out, and so we only put about 100 rounds down range that day. Someone already knocked over one of the target stands at the rifle range, we took a picture of it. Fucking morons.... Anyways, had a nice chat with a gentleman about who was there with his son picking up brass. Also ran into a PAFOA member, I forgot what name he goes under on the forum, started with an R, but he has a low post count and mainly lurks he said. His real name is Ron, and he was there shooting his brand new FNP 9. Very nice guy.

Range so far is still in good condition, minus one rifle target stand being knocked over. I'm guessing that's only because of how cold it is, and nobody knows about the range yet. I've been there twice, for several hours total. I have yet to see a single WCO pull in to check stuff out, or even drive by the range.
    is it possible that the target stand got knocked over by the insane winds we have been having lately?...i would hate to think that someone is already up to ass hattery, but hey, it is tobyhanna!

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by CHEMICAL View Post
    is it possible that the target stand got knocked over by the insane winds we have been having lately?...i would hate to think that someone is already up to ass hattery, but hey, it is tobyhanna!
    With the way the wind rips up there, I'm sure it's possible. You have to lift up, and push out, the target stand bar to remove it though. Which would involve two seperate actions, which would be pretty hard for the wind to accomplish.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(Monroe County)

With the way the wind rips up there, I'm sure it's possible. You have to lift up, and push out, the target stand bar to remove it though. Which would involve two seperate actions, which would be pretty hard for the wind to accomplish.
    Yea plus the material they use behind the paper traget can act like a sail.

(Monroe County)

Talking Re: New Tobyhanna Range Update

Also ran into a PAFOA member, I forgot what name he goes under on the forum, started with an R, but he has a low post count and mainly lurks he said. His real name is Ron, and he was there shooting his brand new FNP 9. Very nice guy.
    Hey Jcabin, I'm the guy who lurks, haha. Definitely a good first experience at the new tobyhanna range though, thanks in part to you. Hoping to meet some more good folks as time goes on.

Definitely going up this weekend at some point, i hear it's gonna be some good weather. (or comparatively better anyway)

(Monroe County)

Do they have any pistol ranges there?
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Rahgnar2006 View Post
    Hey Jcabin, I'm the guy who lurks, haha. Definitely a good first experience at the new tobyhanna range though, thanks in part to you. Hoping to meet some more good folks as time goes on.

Definitely going up this weekend at some point, i hear it's gonna be some good weather. (or comparatively better anyway)
    Hell yeah. My cousin wants to go shooting for the first time, so I might take her down saturday or sunday if I don't have to work!

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    Do they have any pistol ranges there?
    Yes, 10 and 25 yard pistol bays. Nicely set up.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(Monroe County)

I will be there around 2pm on Saturday to shoot a few. Hope to see some of you guys.
    Praying for nice weather.

(Wayne County)

Went there this afternoon. Typical layout. I'm 6'2"(and not fat) and could not even come close to sitting in the bench/table. Had to kneel. And the concrete makes the shots sound like hitting a plastic bucket with a stick. But that's the only bitch I have and I usually stand or kneel anyway, so it was no big deal. Only a small group of 3 on the pistol side and one guy at the 100. I imagine the weekends (this holiday one) would be busier. Got the .30 carbine sighted in nicely at the 50yd.

(Monroe County)

anyone go to the tobyhanna range today? I was there from 2:00 to 3:30 saturday afternoon and it was pretty busy, there had to be someone from this site there.
    "If your not prepaired to go all the way,than your not prepaired to go anywhere! " James yeager 1/9/13

(Monroe County)

Hell yeah. My cousin wants to go shooting for the first time, so I might take her down saturday or sunday if I don't have to work!

is she legal.........and...................is she hot?

j/k, I really need to hit up the new range and check it out, I bought a big block of soft clay and would love to see what corbon hollow points do to it!

and yes, I would clean up any mess that the clay made, so I could reshape it and use it again!

Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast