Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Re: New Tobyhanna Range Update

Quote Originally Posted by freddy g View Post
    Should be funny a couple of big guys at one of those benches i am 6' and only 175 lbs so it was not a problem but i see where you are going with that question

Great, I'm 6-4 275 so I should give plenty of people something to laugh at.

Really though unless the ground is covered in snow or mud I shoot standing or kneeling/sitting. It gets me plenty of funny looks but it's more realistic and fun that way.

(Monroe County)

Finally a place to shoot that isn't 45 minutes away!

(Monroe County)

ETA:

Went up today around 2:30pm. This range was much easier to locate, as opposed to sgl 127 where you would need a 4wd this time of year to cross the road thats been washed out by the streams.
    It was raining and cold, but we still had fun. Paper targets don't hold up too well in this weather, so I can't wait to get back out on a relatively dry day. It's only 30 minutes from my house and with the way the range is set up, well worth the drive. When we arrived there was a father/son group sighting in the sons' christmas gift, a 30.06.

100yard and 50 yard rifle, 25 yard and 10 yard pistol. I didn't count but I'd say about 5 bays for each distance.

Pennsy was quite right about those cement rifle benches. You can't really sit on them, I don't know what they were thinking when they designed it.. Big, small, short, or tall, there is just no leg room, you literally need to sit sideways then turn your torso inwards towards the bench. I guess its better then naught, but I can't imagine it being too comfortable after a while.
    Last edited by jcabin; December 27th, 2009 at 12:29 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(Monroe County)

well today looks like the last of the nice days for a while,its supposed to be almost 50*, way nicer then the day i went. I gotta take the AR lower apart again and see what is wrong with the selector,if i figure it out i will go back later today.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by jcabin View Post
    ETA:

Went up today around 2:30pm. This range was much easier to locate, as opposed to sgl 127 where you would need a 4wd this time of year to cross the road thats been washed out by the streams.
    It was raining and cold, but we still had fun. Paper targets don't hold up too well in this weather, so I can't wait to get back out on a relatively dry day. It's only 30 minutes from my house and with the way the range is set up, well worth the drive. When we arrived there was a father/son group sighting in the sons' christmas gift, a 30.06.

100yard and 50 yard rifle, 25 yard and 10 yard pistol. I didn't count but I'd say about 5 bays for each distance.

Pennsy was quite right about those cement rifle benches. You can't really sit on them, I don't know what they were thinking when they designed it.. Big, small, short, or tall, there is just no leg room, you literally need to sit sideways then turn your torso inwards towards the bench. I guess its better then naught, but I can't imagine it being too comfortable after a while.
    I'm sure its due to the fucking morons who think its fun to destroy the benches at other places... I'm sure it won't be long before they get all spray painted up and destroyed.
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Monroe County)

If anyone is around I will be at the range tomorrow around 1pm. I have to check zero on two rifles and then burn some rounds through a few handguns. Stop by to shoot if anyones in the area.

(Monroe County)

I'll be up there today with my girlfriend probably around 3'ish.
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(Monroe County)

how do you get to this new range?

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by springfieldxd View Post
    how do you get to this new range?
    From Stroudsburg go I-80W to I-380N. I think you would get off at Tobyhanna Army Depot exit. (I come from the other direction on I-380S)
    Turn right onto rt 611S. Go to rt 423 (Sunoco station at corner). Make right, go about 1 mile to game commission building (on rt side). Take 1st dirt road on right. Couple hundred yards in on the left.

Directions from elsewhere posted earlier in thread.
    Last edited by mjw6263; January 4th, 2010 at 05:47 PM.

(Monroe County)

Went up a few days ago with the girlfriend. It was frigid out, and so we only put about 100 rounds down range that day. Someone already knocked over one of the target stands at the rifle range, we took a picture of it. Fucking morons.... Anyways, had a nice chat with a gentleman about who was there with his son picking up brass. Also ran into a PAFOA member, I forgot what name he goes under on the forum, started with an R, but he has a low post count and mainly lurks he said. His real name is Ron, and he was there shooting his brand new FNP 9. Very nice guy.

Range so far is still in good condition, minus one rifle target stand being knocked over. I'm guessing that's only because of how cold it is, and nobody knows about the range yet. I've been there twice, for several hours total. I have yet to see a single WCO pull in to check stuff out, or even drive by the range.

Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast