Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default 2009 Fall legislative Harrisburg lobbying event –open to all PAFOA

Kim Stolfer and a group of us from western PA are going to Harrisburg on fall legislative lobby trip in the Oct to Nov time frame. We would like to give everyone on PAFOA the opportunity to attend, and learn how to become more effective at lobbying our elected officials.

Currently the lack of PA state budget is taking most of the Reps legislative time and not much else is moving. When a budget is finally approved all of this backed up legislation will be moving fast and furious in all the committees. WE need to be there then to make our voices heard.

The anti-gunners are also planning a fall rally with their dog and pony show for the media and how with more gun control measured being passed everyone would be safe with just another so called reasonable law that only just controls inanimate objects, never criminals.

I believe we all know that the focus need to be on removing the criminal’s elements from our society especially the repeat violent offenders and make sure that if they do the crimes they do their FULL jail time under the existing laws, is what’s required to send criminals a message. Not just passing another law that only effects the people that obey the laws, which is why gun control always miserably fails any where is enacted to do its stated purpose.

If you take the time to read the PA Firearms Laws & PA Commission on Sentencing Reports (on link) you see why how we need to focus on controlling criminals is where the debate should be over, not the tools but the human element that commits the acts of violence that needs to be controlled. Start using the lock and key instead of the catch and release current policy.

http://acslpa.org/n-legislative/pa_p...egislation.htm

There will be No rally, just talking with Reps about firearms and sportsmen related bills both pro and anti gun bills. We will break up in small groups and go around and with your help try to educate state reps about these issues and looking for ways to move our pro gun bills along.

There is about 20 plus Pro-gun bills including HB 40 & SB 842 {Self-protection, general principles of justifications, definitions, protection of other persons, use of force, civil immunity for use of force, sentences for firearm offenses (Amend 18 and 42 Pa.C.S.) } that we will be concentrating our efforts on to see what WE can do to get these passed into law.

Maybe WE can pick up some more co sponsors to HB 40 and other bills in the works like the“PA FIREARM FREEDOM ACT” by Rep Rohrer and “Preservation & Protection of the Right to Keep and Bear Arms in a Motor Vehicle act” by Rep Pyle. Sure to also be one of the topics is the AR-15 and the PSP violation / solution ALONG with a lot more firearm law corrections to the UFA that are already introduced or in the works including preemption violations by the city councils.

HB 40 PAFOA thread - http://forum.pafoa.org/pennsylvania-...ease-read.html

FFA PAFOA thread - http://forum.pafoa.org/pennsylvania-...lawmakers.html

Parking lot bills PAFOA thread - http://forum.pafoa.org/pennsylvania-...us-page-2.html

AR-15 & the PSP thread - http://forum.pafoa.org/pennsylvania-...s-changes.html

Because there is NO firm date set as of 9-11-09 if you are interested in going on the general principal and your schedule allows you the ability to take a weekday off with short notice (one –two weeks notice).

Could you Please post your intent to "hopefully" be able attend and I will contact you all personally by PM to give you the maximum lead time with meeting details when Kim Stolfer gives me the word.

I also will post the details here but you won’t get the added lead time.

This is a follow up mission to the April 21, 09 rally. Your active help is encouraged and welcomed to help protect and enhance all of OUR Constitutional rights.

I will update this as information become available.

THANKS for your consideration of doing your part to support the cause in the front line of the fight.

Default Re: 2009 Fall legislative Harrisburg lobbying event –open to all PAFOA

As long as I have a weeks notice, I can take a vacation day to attend.

(York County)

I would like to be PM'd, thanks.
    The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities.
    Ayn Rand

(Franklin County)

Please add me to the list.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Lancaster County)

I am currently unemployed so my schedule is very open, although I hope to be employed soon... but if I am not, I will attend.

(Lebanon County)

I would love to attend....depends on my work schedule of course. Mondays and Tuesdays are the worst for me.

(Delaware County)

With 2 weeks notice I should be able to make it

(Lehigh County)

I am retired and can make it on very short notice providing it does not conflict with something really important already on my schedule.
    The older I get, the better I used to be.

(Lehigh County)

I can be pretty flexible with my time - add me to the distribution.

i'll go. PM me when you know more and i will schedule a day off.
    We've been monitoring him on the e-mail for a while. --York PD Lt. Gene Fells

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast