13 54.17%
  • Lyman 1200 DPS

5 20.83%
  • PACT Digital Dispenser

6 25.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Luzerne County)

Default Re: Best Digital Powder Dispenser

Well, I got the RCBS Chargemaster dispenser today! I love it. It's fast, easy, and accurate. The features are very nice. I have loaded 100 rounds so far tonight and I've got to say it was money well spent.... Well the wife got it for me for my birthday... so, yeah, money well spent. The beeping drove me nuts until I came back to this thread because I knew someone had the directions on how to turn it of. I especially love the auto-dispense feature. I fill a cartridge, put the pan back on the scale, seat the bullet, and by the time I finish that, the next charge is ready. Thanks for all the suggestions everyone!
    loose≠lose; you're=you are; 'your' shows possession.

(Lebanon County)

Congrats on your buy!

That thing should provide you a long service life and some damn nice charges!

Thumbs up Re: Best Digital Powder Dispenser

I have been using the Pact powder dispenser for 3 months now in conjunction with an RCBS powder scale without any problems. Before I bought the dispenser I had been using the RCBS scale alone with dippers and a "trickle" dispenser. I read all the individual "reviews" on the different web sites and noticed that the PACT was highly recommended. Also the price, for around $129 dollars was what "sealed the deal." You just have to follow directions on "Calibration" & "Set-up" - this is pretty straight-forward. I use Alliant (BEye,2400,RDot,Unique,) - Accurate #2 & #5 - W231 - and I have been extremely pleased with the results. Once the scale and dispenser are communicating to each other and scale is calibrated, I can breeze through 50 -100 loads easily. Clean-up of powder is extremely easy, also. I just got done showing someone how to use the unit and after the first session he was very impressed with the whole system.
    By the way, Pact makes the RCBS scale that I am using!!
    Last edited by ottermarble; March 13th, 2010 at 09:54 PM.

(Lackawanna County)

I can't tell you which is the "best" - but, I can tell you about the Lyman 1200 DPS 3, which is the only digital powder scale/dispenser that I've ever had (or used). I've only been reloading for a couple of years now.

I paid waaay too much for it (I bought it on 'impulse' at Gander Mountain - I should have bought it, oh - just about *anywhere* the heck else!) and have been using it for about 8 months now. Note to self: never buy *anything* 'on impulse' at Gander Mountain again!

I went straight from a Lee magnetic beam scale straight to this, and I saw a *huge* difference in the time it took for my reloading; it sped things up dramatically. When I first started using it I would re-measure every so many charges on the Lee scale 'just to check' - but, when I realized how reliable and accurate it was - I finally stopped wasting all that time.

I know that you can 'store' a number of different charges in it, and I know there is a way to interface it with a PC, but I have not used any of those features (yet) - still, it's nice to know they are there if I want them.

My vote is a big 'two thumbs up' () for the Lyman 1200 DPS 3 scale/dispenser. YMMV.
    Cogito, ergo armatus sum.
    ...Say that to my face.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12