Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Luzerne County)

Default Gun confiscations happening in Canada (As a result of registration)

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/cbc/09092...ry_poll_rcmp_4

Of particular interest are the last two paragraphs.

Some Canadian gun owners are upset their personal information from the national gun registry has been passed by the RCMP to a polling company for a research study.

The poll was done to gauge gun owners' satisfaction with the RCMP's firearms program.

Tony Bernardo, who does legal work for the Canadian Shooting Sports Association, said members were outraged when they received calls from Ekos Research.

"This information is absolutely privileged and encoded," said Bernardo. "It should have never been released beyond the confines of the RCMP."

"What the heck a polling firm is doing with information about names, addresses and phone numbers of people who own firearms in this country so they can contact them for a poll is beyond me," said Greg Farrant of the Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters. "But it sure isn't public safety."

Police say the polling was not a violation of privacy because Ekos was working as an extension of the RCMP

"We contracted Ekos people, security cleared them to the level that our people are, and they were conducting the research on our behalf," said Chief Supt. Marty Cheliak, who heads up the RCMP's Canadian firearms program, which is responsible for licensing and regulating all firearms.

Cheliak said the information obtained by Ekos will be destroyed after it is analyzed or it will be turned over to the police.

He said about 1,100 gun owners across Canada responded to the voluntary poll.

Earlier this week, Toronto police said they had seized almost 400 firearms from registered owners in a six-month push aimed at reducing the number of guns on the city's streets.

In March, officers began soliciting registered firearm owners across the city as part of what they call the Safe City Project. Many of those who had to surrender their firearms had either let their registrations lapse, or had stashed their guns improperly under beds or in closets.

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: Gun confiscations happening in Canada (As a result of registration)

And the powers that be are hoping we are next.

that is a little scary

(Bucks County)

It's inevitable that they are gonna try. Most likely cause a shitstorm here.

(Monroe County)

I found both triggers to be terrible to me so the triggers are on a scale to me.. The Glock was a crisper suck and the XD was a more mushy suck. They are in the same family, SR9 (heavy suck), Glock (crisp heavy suck), XD( lighter mushy suck), M&P(heavy mushy suck).

(Northampton County)

Information is forever abused the moment it is given. Good intentions, promises, laws, security, are all worthless.

(Armstrong County)

Decisions, Decisions, Decisions..... Which one should I give them first?

5.56x45, 7.62x51, .30-06, .50BMG

An OC Activist and 1 of the 3%
    Ed Stephan
    FeedBack: https://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.p...ight=edstephan
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3790&dateline=1331561  797An OathKeeper and OC Activist, 1 of the 3%, Ed Stephan

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pa. Patriot View Post
    Of particular interest are the last two paragraphs.
    Interesting indeed. That's how it starts. That kind of thing would be considered "common sense" gun laws here in the states. If they get a foot in the door, they just keep pushing... one thing leads to another... they keep adding hurdles to jump over and hoops to jump through... It always starts with registration.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by edstephan View Post
    Decisions, Decisions, Decisions..... Which one should I give them first?

5.56x45, 7.62x51, .30-06, .50BMG

An OC Activist and 1 of the 3%
    Ed Stephan

I hear ya,

5.56x45 50 beowulf

I found both triggers to be terrible to me so the triggers are on a scale to me.. The Glock was a crisper suck and the XD was a more mushy suck. They are in the same family, SR9 (heavy suck), Glock (crisp heavy suck), XD( lighter mushy suck), M&P(heavy mushy suck).

(Bedford County)

Yep those last two paragraphs ,, be careful who you talk to and tell
    your family members to do the same , this kinda crap started in my
    kids school years ago !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast