Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Mercer County)

Default a couple places I like in Mercer County

I started dealing with Elite Firearms on 18 in Hermitage a little over a year ago. Howard knows his stuff, prices are decent, they get better the more you buy, hassle-free transfers, some cool class III stuff if that's your thing.

Finally stopped into Twig's Reloading Den on 62 outside of Mercer, I was having some problems reloading .357MAG and the kind lady there set me straight. Geared more towards reloading than gun sales, but a good place to buy components.
    http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y38/hovisimo2/sunsetpatrolresizedcopy.gif

(Mercer County)

Default Re: a couple places I like in Mercer County

carterbeauford - I live in Mercer county and try to stop in any of the shops whenever I drive by.

I've been in Elite. They seemed kind of high priced to me, and more into the tactical stuff than hunting. The few times I've been there, they seemed nice enough.

Next time you are there, go around the corner on Dutch Lane (by Hickory Grill) and stop by the Gun Barn. Looks like a small shed, but John has a nice selection. If he doesn't have it, he'll order anything, and his prices are very good. I stop in often just to BS. Real nice guy.

Down in West Middlesex at the plaza next to Hogan's Hero's sub shop (stop in for a sandwich, tell Brenda that Ray says hi) is Shooter's Supply. Probably the grumpiest shop owner I have ever met. I do not visit his store any more. You can make up your own mind.

Just outside of Greenville on Methodist Road is Greenvile Gun and Supply (run by Dick and Maggie). Nice small shop. Prices are fair. Very friendly. You never know what you might find in the display cases.

Like you said, Twig's is geared more for re-loaders. Small selection, and I think her prices are high.

Did I forget any?

reakin

(Allegheny County)

I was just up to Greenville on Tuesday. Thank goodness I did not know about these shops. I would have wanted to stop and really did not have any time.

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by reakin View Post
    carterbeauford - I live in Mercer county and try to stop in any of the shops whenever I drive by.

I've been in Elite. They seemed kind of high priced to me, and more into the tactical stuff than hunting. The few times I've been there, they seemed nice enough.

Next time you are there, go around the corner on Dutch Lane (by Hickory Grill) and stop by the Gun Barn. Looks like a small shed, but John has a nice selection. If he doesn't have it, he'll order anything, and his prices are very good. I stop in often just to BS. Real nice guy.

Down in West Middlesex at the plaza next to Hogan's Hero's sub shop (stop in for a sandwich, tell Brenda that Ray says hi) is Shooter's Supply. Probably the grumpiest shop owner I have ever met. I do not visit his store any more. You can make up your own mind.

Just outside of Greenville on Methodist Road is Greenvile Gun and Supply (run by Dick and Maggie). Nice small shop. Prices are fair. Very friendly. You never know what you might find in the display cases.

Like you said, Twig's is geared more for re-loaders. Small selection, and I think her prices are high.

Did I forget any?

reakin
    Greenvile Gun and Supply is where i got my P22, it was priced $100 higher there than at Gun World in Harrisville but i bought it there because my father in law subsidized it so that i would buy from maggie. However i cant say that her advice lead me in the right direction. She sold me American Eagle LR 22 HP's that jammed every single time in my P22, and this was after she told us it was the best stuff for the gun. I am new to guns so i took her word for it...ohh well.

If you are looking for a place that has a nice atmosphere and nice people then Greenvile Gun and Supply is your place. But you will overpay for what you are getting.

(Butler County)

I've been in Elite's. Nothing like a belt fed .50 to get your attention. Like you said, geared more towards the tactical end. A wall of class III stuff sure is purty. As far as prices, some of that stuff is up into 5 figures. A little bit out of my price range.