As some of you know we recently purchased a new house in Bucks County with about 2.6 acres of land that is attached to about 20 acres of unused woods. And NO I do not want to hear from the rest of the state how cheap land is where you live!

So, since we are leaving care free Townhouse living (damn baby!) I was toying with the idea of setting up a personal shooting range. Shooting in my townhouse, while not impossible (trust me on this ), was not the best of set ups.

I'm thinking of maybe a 25 yard range for pistols and many carbine shooting. Maybe short range M14 training as well. Nothing crazy just to shoot a few mags whenever I want without the need of packing up for the range.

Any thoughts on how best to set up a back stop? Its mostly woods so some tree will have to give it up for the cause. I know the neighbors will not be a issue because on our last trip there somebody was shooting near by. From the sound I say it was a 30-06, Lynn thinks 308. Real Estate guy I think took us seriously.

Its new construction so I briefly thought about something in the still unfinished basement but I don't think it would be practical.

Also, if anybody knows of a good plumber (putting a extra bathroom upstairs) and general contractor (to finish the basement) let me know.