Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Liacouras Center

Does anybody know if they have metal detectors/wands? I'm guessing it might depend on the event.

Sometime in November we will be attending a Phila Kixx soccer game there...and with that neighborhood...I dont plan on going unarmed...

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Liacouras Center

Quote Originally Posted by mrjam2jab View Post
    Does anybody know if they have metal detectors/wands? I'm guessing it might depend on the event.

Sometime in November we will be attending a Phila Kixx soccer game there...and with that neighborhood...I dont plan on going unarmed...

I think "not going unarmed" answered your question, and is the correct answer!! Sorry, not sure they do or don't (I would assume they do), but my opinion would be go armed and, if you can't get in, go someplace else.

The Liacouras Center Promoter's Guide says, in part (on page 21):

The following items are prohibited in the arena:

• Fireworks, Firearms, or other weapons

I didn't see any mention about searching, wanding or metal detectors though, doing a quick search of this Guide.

(Chester County)

I don't know of any public venues that have magnometers and x-ray scanners for bags. I guess they cost too much.

Several of the big security companies (NES, CSC) will be contracted to preform some level of searching at events.

(Bucks County)

We've had season tickets for the Kixx for the last two years and been going to games for 5...at the Spectrum. They never had any scanning or "feeling up". I've never been to the Lia...Mrs told the kids we could take the train there for the game...but I just looked...and the train station is about 6 blocks away...

(Northampton County)

Most stadiums and arenas pat the sides and waist. I have even had the ankles fisked going to Eagles games, they are looking for flasks in socks more than guns.

Each time I have been carrying they have not found my gun. This is because I am wearing my gun right in the center of my chest, under my coat.

See I go to Alaska fly fishing and once you get waders on where do you put your gun? The answer is a sportmens holster. Here are a few examples. I own the Ruger one and they make in a right and left hand draw. I carry my Ruger Alaskan when fishing in Alaska as bear repelent, but it also works well for a large frame pistol like a Glock 17, Taurus PT92AF, Sig P226 or a 1911 but does not have a mag pocket like the other two do.

http://shopruger.com/Alaskan-Outfitt...uctinfo/50062/

http://www.alaskasportsmanproducts.com/Order.html

http://www.blackhawk.com/product/Uni...er,1429,34.htm

I hope this helps.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Red View Post
    Most stadiums and arenas pat the sides and waist. I have even had the ankles fisked going to Eagles games, they are looking for flasks in socks more than guns.

Each time I have been carrying they have not found my gun. This is because I am wearing my gun right in the center of my chest, under my coat.
    Interesting idea. However....in my case...its an indoor arena..leaving a coat on the whole time could get kinda warm...

(Northampton County)

Interesting idea. However....in my case...its an indoor arena..leaving a coat on the whole time could get kinda warm...
    A thin, baggy, nylon windbreaker would work.

(Berks County)

Have you looked at a Crossbreed Holster? I carry just wearing shorts and a t-shirt....conceals nicely.

I've been to Licouras, seen the sign mentioned above and have never seen any metal detectors or patdowns. They may have a policy similar to Madison Square Garden. The level of security is related to the threat. Nothing at a Carrie Underwood concert but full body scans if it's gangsta rap. Might depend on what type of crowd they draw for the event.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast