Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Gun Refinishing

Default Gun Refinishing

Anyone have experience with this company, Or recommend another great refinishing company.
    http://www.mrarms.com/colors.html
    Thanks

(Butler County)

Default Re: Gun Refinishing

I have no experience with this company however after reviewing their site they make no real claim to how hard the finish is. This makes me think that unlike the other popular finishes (hard chrome, NP3 etc.) it will not be as scratch resistant. JMHO

(Franklin County)

Pulled this from their site:

All work is normally completed within 15 working days. All work is backed by a lifetime warranty (abuse or neglect excluded). Covers all base metals uniformly. All firearms disassembled for finishing. All colors available; including black, tan, grey, green, etc.

I don't have any expirence with them, but that black and gold CZ looks pimp playa fo sho'

(Montgomery County)

I've never heard of them or read anybody's posts that had work done by them.

I used CCR (about 2 years ago) to refinish an old LEO P226 that I bought. I'm very happy with the way it turned out and with how the finish is holding up.
    I've put well over 5K rounds through it and broken in a new leather holster with it. The finish looks just as good as when I first got the gun back. There are a few very small pin point spots (high spots) where the finish has worn off. I use the gun for IDPA, so it does get quite a work out.

Their turn around time depends on how busy Brad is. You'll have to give them a call to see what it is these days.

http://www.ccrrefinishing.com/

Here are some pictures of the P226 I sent them

Bye for a while, guard the fort. - My Dad

(Allegheny County)

I've had the best luck so far with Robar, followed closely by CCR. I have a couple Sigs done in NP3 and have no real complaints. Recently I had another SIG done in their black Roguard and am equally pleased with it so far. I also had a P220 slide done by CCR in their standard house black color. So far the Robar Roguard seems more durable than the CCR coating. Both P220's have had 500rnds since their respective finishes were applied, the CCR one has some finish flaking on the inside of the slide in several spots and two near the ejection port on the outside of the weapon. The Roguard one shows no such issues yet. They both appear to be "spray on" coatings but the Roguard seems harder and better bonded to the slide metal. My record turnaround a few years back was 2 weeks with Robar for an NP3 job, it is longer now though. My Roguard/NP3 P220 refinish was all said just over 4 weeks for the entire weapon and had excellent contact throughout the process. My CCR slide only refinish was pushing 6 weeks and I had a hard time getting status updates, return emails, or shipping info. That said, CCR is less costly than Robar in most cases.

Blindref - that is one slick reverse two-tone P226!

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by DBZ220 View Post

Thanks

It is currently at Grayguns getting the Reduced Reset Comprehensive Duty Package done http://grayguns.com/gunsmith-service...auer-p-series/

I'm hoping to get it back in the next two weeks.

Bye for a while, guard the fort. - My Dad

Quote Originally Posted by 1blindref View Post
    I've never heard of them or read anybody's posts that had work done by them.

I used CCR (about 2 years ago) to refinish an old LEO P226 that I bought. I'm very happy with the way it turned out and with how the finish is holding up.
    I've put well over 5K rounds through it and broken in a new leather holster with it. The finish looks just as good as when I first got the gun back. There are a few very small pin point spots (high spots) where the finish has worn off. I use the gun for IDPA, so it does get quite a work out.

Their turn around time depends on how busy Brad is. You'll have to give them a call to see what it is these days.

http://www.ccrrefinishing.com/

Here are some pictures of the P226 I sent them

Sweet very nice work

Quote Originally Posted by DBZ220 View Post
    I've had the best luck so far with Robar, followed closely by CCR. I have a couple Sigs done in NP3 and have no real complaints. Recently I had another SIG done in their black Roguard and am equally pleased with it so far. I also had a P220 slide done by CCR in their standard house black color. So far the Robar Roguard seems more durable than the CCR coating. Both P220's have had 500rnds since their respective finishes were applied, the CCR one has some finish flaking on the inside of the slide in several spots and two near the ejection port on the outside of the weapon. The Roguard one shows no such issues yet. They both appear to be "spray on" coatings but the Roguard seems harder and better bonded to the slide metal. My record turnaround a few years back was 2 weeks with Robar for an NP3 job, it is longer now though. My Roguard/NP3 P220 refinish was all said just over 4 weeks for the entire weapon and had excellent contact throughout the process. My CCR slide only refinish was pushing 6 weeks and I had a hard time getting status updates, return emails, or shipping info. That said, CCR is less costly than Robar in most cases.

Robar is the other one I was looking at thanks