Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Smith and Wesson Sigma

I just wanted to get some feedback on the Smith and Wesson Sigma. I have a chance to get a good deal on a new one in 40 s&w. The only thing I am not a fan of is the trigger, but for striker fired pistol I guess this is about on par. What do you guys think?

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Smith and Wesson Sigma

After doing a quick trigger job (you can find directions on here) they shoot very well. Mine has a trigger pull of 6lbs and I often carry it. Ive never had a FTE or FTF. It eats any ammo I put in it and for the price is a excellent pistol.

ps. alot will bash this gun , but most have not experienced the above.
    No longer posting

(Jefferson County)

As you noted, the trigger.. I didn't like it one bit. The rest of the gun seemed fine and worked properly.

(Adams County)

Quote Originally Posted by riverpirate View Post
    After doing a quick trigger job (you can find directions on here) they shoot very well. Mine has a trigger pull of 6lbs and I often carry it. Ive never had a FTE or FTF. It eats any ammo I put in it and for the price is a excellent pistol.

Nice looking gun, fit great in my hand. I didn't do the trigger fix others mentioned, and wound up getting rid of the pistol. I had a hard time hitting paper at 20 feet, and while I'm not the best shot in the world I knew it wasn't just me. Traded it in for a Berretta 92 and couldn't have been happier, and signifigantly more accurate.

I don't recommend it unless you have a lot of other guns, and I wouldn't pay more than $200 (tax & transfer included) for one in prettymuch-new condition.

camper

PS - when I was in gander selling mine, another guy buying a cricket told me the EXACT same thing, and the guy behind the counter said every one he sold came back within a month.
    It's the 2nd Amendment that protects all others

(Monroe County)

Eh, 2 of my friends bought this gun and promptly traded/sold it respectively.
    It's a big, clunky gun, if you're looking to conceal its not a good option for what it is.

The trigger is rather disingenuous to the polymer scene. Anyone going from another platform to polymer and trying this gun would probably never bother shooting one again.

That said, like others above advised, if you do buy this gun, I'd definatly get a trigger job. My friend took it to the range half a dozen times to try and warm up to it but couldnt, the trigger was too obnoxious. It's like tugging on a double action revolver.

For the cost of a good trigger job, you could save the money and get a used glock or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(Monroe County)

My use with them is limited but the few I have come across have the trigger issue already discussed. They were all reliable and accurate when you fixed the trigger.

If you read up on how to do a trigger job and can do it yourself then definitely get it, If you have to send it out for the work then it would depend on how good a deal you were getting. Keep us posted.

"For the cost of a good trigger job, you could save the money and get a used glock or something. "

If this is anywhere near true depending on the deal your getting then I would save for the Glock. A police trade in is still one of the best deals out there.

I would say save up and opt for a better gun. Did you look at the Rugers, they aren't much more expensive. Or there are Glocks that you could get a good deal on. Look on Bud's they had Police trade-ins I think the Glock 22 for $350.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by riverpirate View Post

This is the same for me....I love mine , I did a trigger job to it.... it has never failed one single time.

ETA the factory trigger is bad , but is definitely NOT the worst trigger out there!

(York County)

I did the trigger mod on mine. I have fired federal, remington JHP, winchester FMJ. Never had one problem. I also polished everything to reduce friction. And I carry it everyday everywhere I go. And I have no problem hitting paper up to 50 feet. Enough to stop any bad guy. But it isn't a target gun by any means. Overall I like it.

(Allegheny County)

BTW to the OP - the trigger job being described is discussed here

My friend has one and I want to take it apart for this trigger job,polishing.

Found this - don't know if LSG is still in business or does the trigger warranty work for S&W any more - but FREE is a good price for a trigger modification. http://forum.gon.com/showthread.php?t=264410
    Last edited by falcn; September 9th, 2009 at 08:18 PM.
    FNX-9 Two-tone

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast