Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: N.E. PA Open Carry "Meet-&-Greet". Interest?

What type of event are you thinking of? dont get me wrong it'd be great to go out to eat with a bunch of you and all OC, but i just dont see that getting the point across to enough people at once, we'd have to go out to eat alot. but I also agree to a point that we dont need 5,000 gun carrying people in a true lets disturb the flow of the city just to be assholes protest, as I would want nothing to do with that.. the story that was done in that lancaster newspaper was great, didnt have any negative spin or anything. If we could get 15 more of those we'd be golden..

as for running it I'm sure there are more qualified people around this site from pittsburgh, But I would love to be an integral part of it and volunteer all of my services)

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by XD45 View Post
    I think it would be nice to have a large one in say pittsburgh, or whatever other larger city allows open carry(i'm not sure on the philly laws on OC) and try to get some media coverage just because this issue needs to be brought as close to the front page as possible so more and more people accept it
    In philly you WILL need an LTC to open carry. For some reason they feel they are special and have extra laws that just apply to them. If you do open carry there, be prepared to be harrassed by the most crooked police force in the state. They are gung-ho, but too dumb to know the law and apply it accordingly.
    " The Seeds of Oppression Will One Day Bear The Fruit of Rebellion."

(Luzerne County)

What type of event are you thinking of? dont get me wrong it'd be great to go out to eat with a bunch of you and all OC, but i just dont see that getting the point across to enough people at once, we'd have to go out to eat alot. ...
    I guess my initial post didn't specify an intent. My intent was more just to get to meet and discuss with like minded individuals, since I seem to be the only unicorn in Wilkes-Barre area.
    Obviously any exposure is exposure, but that was not the primary intent of my desire to set up a meet.
    A meet would be a great place to discuss potential media exposure ideas though

I deal with a few newspapers here in pittsburgh threw work, maybe the next time i'm together with a writer i'll ask their opinions on the subject and see where they would stand on doing a piece like the lancaster paper.

(Luzerne County)

I deal with a few newspapers here in pittsburgh threw work, maybe the next time i'm together with a writer i'll ask their opinions on the subject and see where they would stand on doing a piece like the lancaster paper.
    That would definitely have an impact.

(Adams County)

I think that you would have to find a business that is OC friendly, ahead of time. Just so people don't see a bunch of OCers getting kicked out of the Mall.
    Adams County Sport Handgunners Association - President

(Allegheny County)

Make a date, I'm not in NEPA but if it's on the right day, I could take a little vacation.

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by djturnz View Post
    I think that you would have to find a business that is OC friendly, ahead of time. Just so people don't see a bunch of OCers getting kicked out of the Mall.
    I have to agree. If a group of people OC'n were to simply walk into the mall it could get ugly. That's not the impression we'd want.

Its a tough situation. On one hand you want to make people more aware. But at the same time, you don't want to scare them into trying to change the law so OC is no longer legal.

A delicate approach needs to be found. Just some ideas...food for thought:

Since a large group might be a little much...how about just meeting up with one other guy in your area. Perhaps you've OC'd but he hasn't. Or vice versa. Or maybe neither of you have but together you'd have the "balls".

Maybe two guys isn't enough. Meeting a stranger for the first time, although you may know him/her from here, is still a stranger and you might be nervous meeting him/her. Then how about 3 people. Two that agree to OC and one that agrees to CC. I'm thinking that a group of three people, two OC and one "not carrying" would look rather non-threatening.

It just seems to me that having 20 people show up with Glocks on their hip might freak out the mall ninja or the Wally World greeter. "Welcome to WallMa.....WTF!!!!!! WTF!! WTF!!! WTF!!!!"
    We the people have not only the right but the responsibility to hang tyrants for treason.

skuggi OCed in walmart the other day before our mini pafoa shoot, no problem besides the 2 little hood rats he converted to opencarry... he forgot to remind them you have to have a legal gun, and legally be allowed around guns ha ha

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by djturnz View Post
    I think that you would have to find a business that is OC friendly, ahead of time. ..l.
    I agree and it's already part of the planning.
    After we get a list of intereste people we'll set a date and take suggestions on where I will personally check the policy of the establishment (which won't be in a mall as most malls have no firearms policies)
    If it is a small establishment that someone recommends and is familiar with we may not seek prior approval as we can always leave if we're not welcome and go somewhere else. All depends on the location.

Also, I posted a feeler over at OC dot ORG. in case there are folk there that are not on here:
    http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum46/3113.html

I will monitor both posts daily. I'd like to set something up for the general time frame of the next 1-3 weeks so all interested let me know if week nights, weekend or weekend nights are best for you.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast