Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Beretta Service

(Cumberland County)

Default Beretta Service

I just ordered a px4 storm subcompact and had a quesition on Beretta customer service. I contacted them to purchase another recoil spring rod assembly - I'm one of those that hates plastic ones even though they are "perfectly good" I wanted an extra to send off to a guy I found that will use the spring, etc. to make a new all metal one. The response I received was "order it from Brownell's" ? I thought that was strange customer service, instead of taking care of their customer and selling me a part they direct me to Brownell's ? Just curious.
    Thanks !

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Beretta Service

Quote Originally Posted by cruzans View Post
    I just ordered a px4 storm subcompact and had a quesition on Beretta customer service. I contacted them to purchase another recoil spring rod assembly - I'm one of those that hates plastic ones even though they are "perfectly good" I wanted an extra to send off to a guy I found that will use the spring, etc. to make a new all metal one. The response I received was "order it from Brownell's" ? I thought that was strange customer service, instead of taking care of their customer and selling me a part they direct me to Brownell's ? Just curious.
    Thanks !
    I actually got an email from them a few months back stating that they were going to phase out their online parts store, and directed people to replacement get parts at Brownell's. I suppose it saves them the expense of maintaining an online store front and a warehouse, and Brownell's can probably do it all more efficiently.
    "There are four boxes to use in the defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo. Use in that order."

(Cumberland County)

Actually kinda glad now - I went to brownell's and the complete assembly with spring and rod was $ 5.29 !!!! I checked, double checked, triple checked ( I expected it to be $ 25 - $ 35 ) and it was truly $ 5.29 complete.

Quote Originally Posted by cruzans View Post
    Actually kinda glad now - I went to brownell's and the complete assembly with spring and rod was $ 5.29 !!!! I checked, double checked, triple checked ( I expected it to be $ 25 - $ 35 ) and it was truly $ 5.29 complete.
    working for a large corporation, i would bet that brownells has agreed to sell basic replacement parts at a limited profit margin, in exchange for beretta using them as their customer service distributor and driving lots of sales there for gun parts. win-win.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by BlueGunGuy View Post
    working for a large corporation, i would bet that brownells has agreed to sell basic replacement parts at a limited profit margin, in exchange for beretta using them as their customer service distributor and driving lots of sales there for gun parts. win-win.
    I hear ya, but 5 bucks for a full assembly - more like a clearance sale - lol.

(York County)

Beretta customer service has always been....well....crappy. It is actually a very good thing that they have moved away from parts inventory and shifted customers to Brownells.

(Lancaster County)

I am a big Beretta fan. I dont think I will ever have too many 92s or 96s. Heres the fact though.....their customer service absolutely sucks. It is pretty much non-existent. I kind of feel that since they have the big military contract we are pretty much left on our own.

That's the romuor I've heard that Beretta CS is not the best. They probably don't get too much experience at helping the customer.
    Here is my experience Beretta has a limited warranty. But Taurus has a life time.
    In the 20+ years of owning and shooting Berettas I've never had to send any one of them in or had any problems with them.

In the 5-6 Taurus I've owned 4 out of 6 went back to the factory for one reason or another some were not able to be fixed to my satisfactory and were put on the chopping block.

I own 1 Taurus (the 24/7) and have 6 Berettas that I'm happy with going back to the 1980s. Be good to have good CS but I don't miss it or need it.

(Cumberland County)

Wasn't going to believe I could get a spare recoil spring, rod, etc. for my px4 storm subcompact for on $5 from Brownell's but it arrived today, and sure enough, complete assembly for the $5 ! Getting ready to send it out to have a metal one made from it for my piece of mind. If you need one and want to get a metal one made - head to Brownell's

Quote Originally Posted by eXceLon View Post
    I actually got an email from them a few months back stating that they were going to phase out their online parts store, and directed people to replacement get parts at Brownell's. I suppose it saves them the expense of maintaining an online store front and a warehouse, and Brownell's can probably do it all more efficiently.
    I'm a retired Sign Company owner & I can say there were people who came to me wanting small job's as car tag's, small number of real estate sign's etc..that would take to much time. I sent them to a friend who was on a retail scale & me on a wholesale scale. Which sound's like your recent experience. Someone with a good rep. So as not to make me look bad. I believe Brownell's fit's in this case of good customer service. If I stoped for the smaller job I would lose money by having to stop for them. Oh..I would never sub out work to make a small (HANDLING FEE) Which a lot of companie's do but I think it's wrong & would never do it myself. I don't knock those who do it, It just not for me.
    Last edited by Ronnies111; September 30th, 2010 at 05:40 PM.
    I'm Your Huckaberry...Say When:)