Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Default Re: Glock 21 vs SA XD.45 Tactical

knighthawk06699 the glock is the superior gun. the reason someone gave that glocks get bought by pd's in america alot is because they get them real cheap and can sell easily afterwards...if i understood correctly. thats not true , glocks fill policeman's holsters more because they last long and hold quality ,reliability. they also (they meaning the police) know how deadly accurate and super reliable they are...it's the kinda gun you want thru the years when you can't constantly carry a shotgun. it's the same reasons about 1/3 of this countries police carry sigs. all the same reasons as the glock guys but they choose to go for the extra cash or want that status etc. etc. the glock 21sf is the better buy over the sig p220. all the characteristics for less cash and a higher capacity. the accuracy is right there to. i know first hand.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by mike4 View Post
    knighthawk06699 the glock is the superior gun. the reason someone gave that glocks get bought by pd's in america alot is because they get them real cheap and can sell easily afterwards...if i understood correctly. thats not true , glocks fill policeman's holsters more because they last long and hold quality ,reliability. they also (they meaning the police) know how deadly accurate and super reliable they are...it's the kinda gun you want thru the years when you can't constantly carry a shotgun. it's the same reasons about 1/3 of this countries police carry sigs. all the same reasons as the glock guys but they choose to go for the extra cash or want that status etc. etc. the glock 21sf is the better buy over the sig p220. all the characteristics for less cash and a higher capacity. the accuracy is right there to. i know first hand.
    Glocks are cheap,Glocks are easy to fix,Glocks are easy to learn how to fix and that's why most PD's use them.You don't see HK's on police officers hips because they cost too much but which would you rather have,I'll take a HK.Glocks have weak chamber support and have suffered KB's in different departments,there was one department if I can find the article where the departments batch of G21's where suffering problems and had to be shipped back to Glock.

SA XD/Beretta/HK/Sig/S&W/CZ all have better chamber support then Glock,don't believe me then take the barrel out of your Glock and take the barrel out of another weapon chambered in the same caliber and drop a round in both chambers and compare them side by side and you will see a lot more case showing in the Glock.I own 2 Glocks(G23/G20)right now but I don't consider them superior to my other weapons at all.Glocks are what they are,good $500.00 guns.My CZ 75B is way more accurate then my old G17 that I traded for my SA XD45 service model.
    MOHAA
    Last edited by Mohaa Player; June 23rd, 2008 at 10:34 AM.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mohaa Player View Post
    Glocks are cheap,Glocks are easy to fix,Glocks are easy to learn how to fix and that's why most PD's use them.You don't see HK's on police officers hips because they cost too much but which would you rather have,I'll take a HK.Glocks have weak chamber support and have suffered KB's in different departments,there was one department if I can find the article where the departments batch of G21's where suffering problems and had to be shipped back to Glock.
    That is actually untrue, it was found to be a bad batch of ammo. Any pistol is susceptible to a KB especailly if it loaded with bad ammo.. You are dealing with very very high gas pressures, it is part of the risks. I have seen pics of XD KB's, Sig KB's. Is it a bigger risk with a polymer pistol sure it is but in a very minuscule amount. The only difference is when a steel gun KB's you stand a better chance of repairing it. There are at least three departments I can think of that run around with HK's in central PA alone.

Now lets compare the P220 with the Glock 21. The Glock and Sig are just as accurate and reliable as each other I know I have shot both. They are about the same size, but the Glock is much lighter. The Sig is 8+1, and the Glock is 13+1. The Glock is a much simpler design, that is very easy to maintain and fix yourself. The same thing can not be said about the Sig. Glocks have very few moving parts so less to break down. Now you tell me why Pd's choose Glock. Proven service record, simplicity and ease of maintnaing a force of Glocks.

When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty!

(Monroe County)

I must say i like both. Can i say both, i have had sevral glocks and shot a few SFs and i like the way the glock is no nonsence and i like the SFs construction both are great weapons because lets face it there made to do two things Practice accuracy and Kill they both do well in both areas i belive ....

Just a young chaps .2
    Does this look like my Care Face.....

(Lackawanna County)

I own an XD45 Tactical (and it is the majority choice for my EDC).

I've held the G21 on MANY occasions before and after buying the XD.
    The Glock STILL doesn't feel right to me. It's not just that is physically an even larger grip than the XD.....it just doesn't fit me well..

I have yet to handle the 21SF.
    And XD has yet to hint at an XD45(M).

Either way - my vote is XD.
    And my next purchase is likely going to be a compact (M).
    Gary in Pennsylvania
    -------------------------------
    “No One Can Make You Feel Inferior Without Your Consent.” Eleanor Roosevelt
    “Argue For Your Limitations……And Sure Enough, They’re Yours.” Messiah's Handbook
    “The unexamined life is not worth living.” Socrates 399BC

(Montgomery County)

I have been going through the old posts in trying to decide if I want my first handgun to be a Glock 23, XD .40 or the XDM .40 . So far all I can tell is that it comes down to personal preference. I have shot the Glock 19 and I shot well with it. I have also recently tried out the XD .40 and found it equally easy to shoot. While it is not fail safe to use different calibers when conducting a comparison of handguns, I might be leaning towards the XD. I held (but didn't fire) and XDM earlier and I have to say it felt the most natural fit in my weird hand( big palm, short fingers).
    Most gun salesmen have told me that they are essentially the same weapon. I think I am leaning towards the XDM, unless anyone can sway me otherwise with an objective argument.

(Erie County)

Not wanting to get entangled in a long, unsettled arguement. I'll just advise you to shoot before you buy if at all possible. Fondling a gun doesn't tell you anything about how it shoots. If your considering this pistol for carry, consider size and overall loaded weight when choosing.

(Blair County)

Quote Originally Posted by kpw View Post
    Not wanting to get entangled in a long, unsettled arguement. I'll just advise you to shoot before you buy if at all possible. Fondling a gun doesn't tell you anything about how it shoots. If your considering this pistol for carry, consider size and overall loaded weight when choosing.
    I agree 100%. Shoot whatever you plan to buy BEFORE you buy it!

KPW is correct in that the empty weight of a firearm is not a good indication of what it will weigh when fully loaded.
    ~ Luke... Come to the dark side... We have cookies! ~

(Montgomery County)

That is sound advice. Thank you gentlemen. I'll let you know which direction I go.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789