Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SSGF109 View Post
    Anyone who questions a glock 21's accuracy apprently needs some training in marksmanship. Glock 21 is one of the most accurate .45 ACP out of the box. Many police officers throughout the country bet their lives on it everyday!

Actually I know a couple of shooters who are GM's in the USPSA, Grand Master's for those not familiar with the competition shooting. Some of these men can shoot less than 1.5" groups offhand (at 25 yards) with an XD that has had the slide tightened, and 3" groups offhand without it being tightened. Now I doubt those people need any lessons in marksmanship. Many of these gentlemen prefer the XD over the Glock, and have told me they personally feel that it's more accurate. I haven't shot glocks much, but I do prefer the XD over a glock, that's why I bought an XD-45 Tac. I think that it points more naturally, is just as reliable, thinner grip, more capacity, and has some features that the Glock doesn't. I have yet to hear of an XD going Kaboom, but it's still early, and they do happen with just about every firearm manufacturer out there. I don't like how glock has an unsupported chamber in their stock barrels, and think that the XD feeds just as reliably, BUT it does have a fully supported chamber, which can make a big difference in the higher pressures like +P+ or a .40 caliber pistol. I also like the way that the XD recoils better than the Glocks. I do hate that there aren't spare parts out yet for the Glock, but I think they'll be out when springfield catches up in their sales. I personally feel glock doesn't shoot bad in terms of accuracy, if you have experience with the grip it shoots pretty good. I still think that the average joe and master shooters can both shoot the XD very accurately. Now your statement that I bolded in red is pushing the limits in my opinion for a gun that was basically made for defense and to be a workhorse. Now you're comparing it as a .45 ACP to guns like Wilson Combats, Les Baeur Thunder Ranch, Night Hawk's, etc, and I think that you're out of your mind. True the Glock shoots pretty good, but to make the statement you did I think is just pushing the Glock out of it's league. True you're comparing a defense gun to custom pistols that cost over a grand, but still, you said in general terms ".45 ACP out of the box". Anyway, that's my opinion on the XD-45 and Glock 21.

(Montgomery County)

I have a bunch of 45s, i DO like the XD45 tactical model for the following reasons:
    1. its light.
    2. it fits my hand, unlike a G21
    3. it functions the same.
    4. its accurate.

I tried a g21 several times, for me, its a big chunky 2x4 of a pistol that is not ergonomic, not overly accurate, and not a fun gun to shoot(for me)

I prefer 1911s, and HKs overall, even my SOCOM pistol fits my hand a lot better than a 21, and that thing is HUGE.

and aftermarket parts? who cares, all i'd like is night sights, i dont need titanium aerotek parts, and other anodized woowoos on a gun thats fit to be a dependable tool.
    And all those folks that get a Glock "accessory" merely make their "same as other glocks" look like every body elses "same as everybody elses accessorized glocks"

I'm not out to impress anybody, i want a gun that hits what i shoot at when i do my part, and on its part, retains dependability in its mechanical function.

the XD fulfills that role

still tho, i think its absolutely hysterical that people wouldn't touch the "Springfield XD" guns with a 10foot pole when they were known as the "HS2000" imported by Heritage Arms

yeah, they took the same basic gun, shined it up, and slapped Springfield on it, NOW it sells
    "Oderint Dum Metuant" - BMFH

"Tact is for people not witty enough to use sarcasm"

Note: any whingeing crazy that hits my PM inbox will be deleted without reply

(Luzerne County)

Who's upset??

(Delaware County)

http://www.glocktalk.com/showthread....ferrerid=49164
    *Slightly* Glock biased, but there's 3 pages there.

(York County)

I too own a couple of .45's, (HK USP's, SIG P220 & Glock 21's). I tried to shoot a XD that a buddy of mine had bought. I just did not like the way it fit my hand. It seems like a fine pistol. I just prefer the Glock 21. To each his own I guess.

"For those who have fought for it, Freedom has a flavor that the protected will never know."
    -Author Unknown

Life Member NRA
    Life Member VFW
    Life Member 2nd U.S. Cavalry Association
    Life Member, Order Of The Spur - Golden Spur Holder

I have noticed that alot of people who prefer a glock, don't always like the XD's. I think that it has to do with the grip angles, and the Xd's sits slightly lower bore than the Glocks. When I first picked up a glock I couldn't get used to the angle and it didn't really feel that comfortable. Honestly, it's one of the main reasons that I liked the XD over the Glock, it just felt a bit more natural to me. I can see why if you had always shot a glock though, it would feel "all wrong" lol, as you said, to each his own.

(Northampton County)

Glock 21 accuracy is in the 2" range at 25 yds. The G30 is in the 2" and less range at 25 yards and has did a 3/4" group at that range both off sandbags.
    So Glocks are very accurate!
    Now I have not shot an XD 45 and have not read or seen where it shoots better then a Glock 21 or 30.
    Last edited by sigkim; September 28th, 2006 at 09:46 PM.

Default Re: Glock 21 vs SA XD.45 Tactical

I tried both and preferred the XD because of the fit and grip angle.
    Springfield XD45ACP
    Gun Belts

(Westmoreland County)

Anyone who questions a glock 21's accuracy apprently needs some training in marksmanship. Glock 21 is one of the most accurate .45 ACP out of the box.
    I personally don't think glocks lack for accuracy in the application for which they were designed which is primarily combat.

Many police officers throughout the country bet their lives on it everyday!
    While technically true it has little meaning as regards the intrinsic accuracy of the Glock 21. Most LE purchases of duty sidearms have more to do with the agencies budget than the practicality of the weapon selected.

(Westmoreland County)

I have fired both subject models and with 30 years of firearms experience the XD doesn't match up to the G21.
    Don't leave us hanging.

In what ways don't the XD's match up? The only XD criticism I've ever heard that *may* have some merit is that fact that it doesn't have steel inserts in the frame and thus might not have as long a life cycle (round count) as do glocks.

But I will say that the XD has promise but must work out its flaws. IMHO
    What flaws?

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast