Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default PA Concealed Carry at age 18 VIA ND reciprocity?

PA acknowledges North Dakota's permit. North Dakota (Shall-issue) allows non-residents to apply. North Dakota issues a Class 2 permits to 18+ year olds.

The only extenuating barrier that I, an 18 year old, can determine, is that Dakota requires the applicant to take a simple open-book test on their permit manual, and only people specifically appointed by their attorney general can issue this test (That would mean flying out to North Dakota).

I've been going nuts on Google trying to see if this is true thus far, and how the application process for a class 2 permit works for non-residents, but I think I really need your guy's/gal's help.

Any information you can give concerning this matter would be wonderful. Until then, I'll update on info I find.
    Last edited by StealthBeast; September 7th, 2009 at 10:53 AM.

The 'Burg-Northern Berks County, Pennsylvania
    (Berks County)

Default Re: PA Concealed Carry at age 18 VIA ND reciprocity?

I believe you must still follow the laws of the specific state - for instance in VA no carry is a bar - though your permit is good. I would think you'd need to reach 21 for the states that require 21.

ND grants concealed at 18??!!

Quote Originally Posted by sjohn26 View Post
    I believe you must still follow the laws of the specific state - for instance in VA no carry is a bar - though your permit is good. I would think you'd need to reach 21 for the states that require 21.

ND grants concealed at 18??!!
    Can you cite where VA law prevents bar carry?

If you possess a ND permit, you can CC any where allowed by law, in states with reciprocity.

The 'Burg-Northern Berks County, Pennsylvania
    (Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by fingers80002 View Post
    Can you cite where VA law prevents bar carry?

If you possess a ND permit, you can CC any where allowed by law, in states with reciprocity.
    My mis speak---meant to say no "concealed" carry in bars/areas alcohol is served - open carry IS permitted in VA

Quote Originally Posted by sjohn26 View Post
    My mis speak---meant to say no "concealed" carry in bars/areas alcohol is served - open carry IS permitted in VA
    Still wrong, required, by law.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBeast View Post
    PA acknowledges North Dakota's permit. North Dakota (Shall-issue) allows non-residents to apply. North Dakota issues a Class 2 permits to 18+ year olds.

The only extenuating barrier that I, an 18 year old, can determine, is that Dakota requires the applicant to take a simple open-book test on their permit manual, and only people specifically appointed by their attorney general can issue this test (That would mean flying out to North Dakota).

I've been going nuts on Google trying to see if this is true thus far, and how the application process for a class 2 permit works for non-residents, but I think I really need your guy's/gal's help.

Any information you can give concerning this matter would be wonderful. Until then, I'll update on info I find.

Edit: CRAP posted in the wrong carry forum.. can a mod move this? Terribly sorry.
    List of testing instructors

This is a list of all active Concealed Weapon Firearm and Dangerous Weapon Instructors for the State of ND.
    Some instructors are from out of state. This list does not include Law Enforcement. All testing must be conducted
    within the State of ND and cannot be held in conjunction with any other states permit process.
    GUessing you already read the ND AG page

(Indiana County)

(York County)

From my understanding if you carry in a state that has reciprocity with your home state, you must follow all the laws of the particular state you are in regardless what the law says in the state that issued the permit. Which means before carrying out-of-state, you'd better be sure you know the laws in that particular state. This also means you will not be able to CC in PA until age 21.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government" -- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Quote Originally Posted by bighornjd View Post
    From my understanding if you carry in a state that has reciprocity with your home state, you must follow all the laws of the particular state you are in regardless what the law says in the state that issued the permit. Which means before carrying out-of-state, you'd better be sure you know the laws in that particular state. This also means you will not be able to CC in PA until age 21.
    BS!!!!!!!!

No where in the UFA does it say you need to be 21 to CC.
    Only that you have to be 21 to get a LTCF.

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by bighornjd View Post
    It would be within the individual reciprocity agreement between ND and PA. There's not a law in PA saying you must be >= 21 to carry a pistol concealed--only that you must be at least 21 to apply for a license. A reciprocity agreement could contain language ensuring age limit of 21, however.

Even if you're, in theory, legal... you may get yourself in hot water with this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast