Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (York County)

Default The Sig Sauer Appreciation Thread!

Ever since i shot my first Sig Sauer P226 at the ripe old age of 14, i fell in love. Nothing has ever, and probably will ever, feel as right in my hands as that gun did at that time. Ever since then, every other gun i've picked up has felt inferior to the almighty Sigs. I even like the look of Sigs. They have a no nonsense, all business look to them. No safeties, no things sticking out, just a streamlined purpose built tank of a firearm thats sure to outlast anyones lifetime.

Nowadays, not much has changed. I have other guns besides Sigs, but none of them mean as much to me as my Sigs do. I now have a stable of Sig Sauer pistols that are amoung my most cherished possesions:

-Sig Sauer P226 in 9mm
    -Sig Sauer P226 in 9mm with Night Sights
    -Sig Sauer P226 Combat
    -Sig Sauer P229 in 9mm
    -Sig Sauer P239 in 9mm with Night Sights

This thread is dedicated to all things Sig Sauer pistols. If you have any pics of your own personal Sigs, post them up and speak on them a little bit.
    Last edited by WhiteShadow; September 4th, 2009 at 02:52 AM.
    "A peaceful mind generates power"

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: The Sig Sauer Appreciation Thread!

Nothing too fancy here...

P220 Euro in 9mm, triple-serial stamped, all German, 2001 manufacture.

(PLEASE don't call it a Browning BDA; It's a SIG, alright!?! lol...)

Boringly reliable, eats everything I've ever fed it, far more accurate than I am...

Basically, it's a Sig. 'Nuff said.

I got this one a few months ago, and it's one of two handguns that make it to the range every time I go (or at least it has since I've owned it, and I've only got about 2k rds through it so far - ammo shortage, you know...)

OK, unfortunately, that's my only current Sig... Now I (we) will wait to be put in my (our) place by none other than 1BlindRef... (head hung in relative shame)...

Regards,

Bones

(Philadelphia County)

I've developed a great fondness for older German Sigs. So far I've got a 228 and two P6s but I'm just getting warmed up...

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by photoshooter View Post
    So far I've got a 228 and two P6s but I'm just getting warmed up...
    Sounds like the words i think every single Sig owner has muttered at one point or another. Sigs are like crack...only they dont cause any withdrawl sypmtoms....actually yes they do.

Anyway, lets see some more of your guys' Sigs!

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyBones View Post
    Now I (we) will wait to be put in my (our) place by none other than 1BlindRef... (head hung in relative shame)
    Aint that the truth! I'm waiting to see another glimpse of 1BlindRefs collection (which i'm thoroughly envious of).
    Last edited by WhiteShadow; September 4th, 2009 at 04:36 PM.

(Montgomery County)

I've been collecting Sigs for about 15 years now. My first was a P228 followed by a P220 two weeks later. It was love at first shot ...lol.

I been very fortunate over the years to have been able to afford to add to my collection (reffing MANY, MANY soccer games) and I'm hoping to be able to continue to add to it.

I use three different model Sigs as my "working" guns, P239 SAS with CTs, P229 .40S&W DAK with CT's, and a P220 Carry DAK with CTs and a Surefire X300 (house gun).

I also use my "KA" code P226 for IDPA (it's at Gray Guns getting some work done right now )

The others in my collection are either range guns or safe queens. I'm not a big fan of safe queens, but there are a few that I bought unfired and I'm planning on keeping them that way.

Here are some older family pics (re-runs) . I've since added a few more and I'll have to take some new and better group pics (these were taken in the sun and I'm still working on my not so good photography skills).

P220 (bottom row) and P226's (top)

Sig / Browning BDA 1977

P220 9mm Euro

P225's, P228, and P229's

P228 Two Tone

P228 factory nickel

P239 (bottom row), P230SL, and Trailside

Bye for a while, guard the fort. - My Dad

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by 1blindref View Post
    I've been collecting Sigs for about 15 years now. My first was a P228 followed by a P220 two weeks later. It was love at first shot ...lol.

I been very fortunate over the years to have been able to afford to add to my collection (reffing MANY, MANY soccer games) and I'm hoping to be able to continue to add to it.

I use three different model Sigs as my "working" guns, P239 SAS with CTs, P229 .40S&W DAK with CT's, and a P220 Carry DAK with CTs and a Surefire X300 (house gun).

I also use my "KA" code P226 for IDPA (it's at Gray Guns getting some work done right now )

The others in my collection are either range guns or safe queens. I'm not a big fan of safe queens, but there are a few that I bought unfired and I'm planning on keeping them that way.

Here are some older family pics (re-runs) . I've since added a few more and I'll have to take some new and better group pics (these were taken in the sun and I'm still working on my not so good photography skills).

P220 (bottom row) and P226's (top)

Sig / Browning BDA 1977

P220 9mm Euro

P225's, P228, and P229's

P228 Two Tone

P228 factory nickel

P239 (bottom row), P230SL, and Trailside

Outstanding collection Ref! You have some beautiful Sigs!

Damn rep button still wont work...

(Philadelphia County)

Ref, all I can say is WOW!
    No, really...wow!
    That's quite a collection. Lots of beauties in there and I'm not one to play favorites but that 228 nickel steals the show for me. Is it a user? I'm only asking because it looks pristine.

It's starting to become painfully obvious that I'm going to need a much larger safe.

(York County)

God damn, i dont think i've never seen such a badass Sig collection in my life 1Blindref!! Rep sent for the pics. By the way, i dont have the means right now to post up some of my pics. Mine are just run of the mill models. Except for the Combat, i really dont see too too many of them floating around at gunshops.

Keep the pics coming guys!

(Monroe County)

I have to agree that is a beautiful sight to see.
    Miller & Conrad Construction (570)-730-6180

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow View Post
    God damn, i dont think i've never seen such a badass Sig collection in my life 1Blindref!! Rep sent for the pics. By the way, i dont have the means right now to post up some of my pics. Mine are just run of the mill models. Except for the Combat, i really dont see too too many of them floating around at gunshops.

Keep the pics coming guys!

It's a hike for you, but American Sport Shooting in Brodheadsville has several gorgeous SIG pistols, P220 Elite and a few others that are stunning.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast