Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (York County)

Default How to fix America

Ok, the thread title may be a little misleading, but here is the premise of the question: What things do you do every day to make the world/country a better place?

It doesnt have to involve money, or even alot of time.

I'll start: When my son and I go grocery shopping, or to Wallmart, etc. We each take a loose shopping cart into the store, or one from the corral if none are loose, even if we arent going to use one to shop.

My reasoning behind it is that if we all did this it would:

1: save money because the merchant wouldn't have to pay somebody to do this specific job, thus reducing costs.

2: reduced door dings in peoples cars means less insurance claims. I'm a big car guy so door dings are a pet peeve.

3: gives people a sence of pride in the community, I think its just sad to go to a parking lot and see random carts all over the place and people with empty hands just walking by perfectly good carts only to pick one up inside and bring out another.
    The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities.
    Ayn Rand

(Schuylkill County)

Default Re: How to fix America

Good show. I guess I'm kinda "that guy" that does the little things. I'm not a huge organizer or anything like that, but I do some things like push carts into stations/store, open doors for people, help older folks out with anything I see them in need of, etc. Just little things like that. I don't know if it really makes a difference, but I like to think of the one commercial (was it Liberty Mutual? Not sure) Where one act of kindess made it's way through a line of people witnessing the other good acts. I'm not one to make a huge impact because I'm a subtle guy, but I at least use respect. I was raised in a close-knit family, and was taught morals and values, and what it means to make a dollar. I wouldn't want it any other way.
    III%

(Centre County)

Hmmm, good question. things I do every day...

1. Work and earn my keep. Whether its my day job or just working to help others or maintain my property, etc.

2. Stop to think about what makes this country great and strive to preserve those things.

3. Do one random act of kindness a day.

4. Keep an eye on the crooked politicians and count the days to the next election.

5. Spot bullshit when I see it. (See number 4.)

(Allegheny County)

I voted for Obama, and change.......

NOT!
    I don't litter, I pickup random garbage when I see it. I put shopping carts into the return, or back in the store. I count my change, and if given too much, I return it. When I get eggs to order at the cafe downstairs, I tell the cashier about the extra toppings I got. I don't dump pesticides or motor oil down the drain. I don't dump grease down the drain. I practice catch and release. I donate my venison (at least I plan to when I finally get a deer). I buy fuel efficient vehicles. I refuse to sue someone for any frivolous reason. I look after the neighborhood kids when their parents aren't. I give the homeless guy a $10 so he can get himself a hot meal, but only the guy who doesn't panhandle. I don't (normally) flip off other drivers. I pull over to help when someone is broken down. I stop when there's an accident, if EMS/Police haven't arrived yet. I have stepped in to stop assaults in the past and will continue to do so as long as my family is not with me. In short, I try to do the right thing.

(Northampton County)

I make love to ugly chicks

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    Now that's taking one for team society!!! Props man!
    III%

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    ten characters
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities.
    Ayn Rand

(Allegheny County)

But in all seriousness I think the number one thing to do is to encourage people to bring back the idea of personal responsibility.
    - "If guns are outlawed, only the zombies will have guns"