Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Default Re: RFID implants in health care bill

Quote Originally Posted by MTechnik View Post
    I'd reply to the posts, but it'd be a long list... I didn't realize that the RFID chips had gotten THAT small. Still a bit big to slip in without one knowing, but impressive nontheless.
    And those are just the ones we are allowed to know about. It will be interesting in the next few years, of that I have no doubt.
    The real answer is 42.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by BSH View Post
    Actually, the entire debate provides reason enough to get the Federal government OUT of the issue altogether. Let the states do it, as they ought anyway. If health care sucks in Kentucky, people can (and will) move to Kansas. Can anybody explain why the states aren't handling this?
    Provided that the current attempt at health care reform fails, this is an idea I wouldn't mind seeing.

I would support a bill that exempted the residents of any state from medicare taxes, and directed that state's share of medicaid taxes back to the state, for any state which chose to implement a universal health care system on their own.

That would leave the more liberal states free to experiment. And if they some how manage to put together a system that works, then maybe the rest of the country will follow suit. And if not, then the rest of the country doesn't suffer.
    "There are four boxes to use in the defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo. Use in that order."

NOOOO HES COMING FOR OUR BLOND TEENAGED DAUGHTERS!

(York County)

This is anecdotal so take if for what you will. My brother in law that lives in Michigan, works for GM in the onstar division. He told me that SEVERAL times, the FBI has asked him to access vehicles for recording perposes. So you can argue all you want that the government "wont" use this technology even though they could. But "if" the capability is there, do you think they would hesitate to use it to "protect" us?
    The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities.
    Ayn Rand

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by YBNORMAL View Post
    This is anecdotal so take if for what you will. My brother in law that lives in Michigan, works for GM in the onstar division. He told me that SEVERAL times, the FBI has asked him to access vehicles for recording perposes. So you can argue all you want that the government "wont" use this technology even though they could. But "if" the capability is there, do you think they would hesitate to use it to "protect" us?
    recording as in locale, or recording as in turn on the car's microphones and record the conversation?

(Lancaster County)

recording as in locale, or recording as in turn on the car's microphones and record the conversation?
    That's a good question. I'd still have issue with recording locale unless the situation warranted.
    It's also much better to be an evicted survivor than an obedient corpse. -GunLawyer001

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by velkly View Post
    That's a good question. I'd still have issue with recording locale unless the situation warranted.
    Both raise hairs, I'm just wondering how far the gathering went.

Some tin-foil stuff I've read says that the gubmint can turn your cell phone on and have it send them what it's hearing. Granted, the last time I heard it mentioned was in a fiction novel, so I have no sources for it...

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Morel42 View Post
    Oy Vey..

I prefer Soy Vay myself, preferably the Veri Veri Teriyaki type. It's absolutely awesome for burgers and grilled duck.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by YBNORMAL View Post
    Conversation.
    The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities.
    Ayn Rand

(Chester County)

So, if we are not getting chipped, what does this mean then?

http://www.fda.gov/MedicalDevices/ucm072141.htm

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast