Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 63
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    West Chester, Pennsylvania
    (Chester County)
    Posts
    1,152
    Rep Power
    186

    Default Re: RFID implants in health care bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Yellowfin View Post
    A few years ago I would have really liked to have a list of women with implants. Heck, if I wasn't married, I'd still want it.
    Why? I'd rather get a list of women and "test" them myself!

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Newtown Square, Pennsylvania
    (Delaware County)
    Posts
    896
    Rep Power
    8674

    Default Re: RFID implants in health care bill

    Quote Originally Posted by MTechnik View Post
    Why? I'd rather get a list of women and "test" them myself!
    trust, but verify...

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Waco , Texas, Pennsylvania
    (Somerset County)
    Age
    69
    Posts
    1,959
    Rep Power
    11955

    Default Re: RFID implants in health care bill

    Quote Originally Posted by PennsyPlinker View Post
    And he causes all, the small and the great, and the rich and the poor, and the free men and the slaves, to be given a mark on their right hand or on their forehead, and he provides that no one will be able to buy or to sell, except the one who has the mark, either the name of the beast or the number of his name. Revelation 13:16-17

    People will laugh, call this stuff fairy tales, and poke fun at us, but it sure sounds like the apostle John had an idea of RFID chips almost 2000 years ago, and expressed it in terms familiar to him.

    I do not name Obama the Antichrist, and I do not say that his nefarious plan with these things is the fulfillment of the above prophecy. But as Joe has mentioned, I only observe that RFID technology certainly has the capability to be used in this manner. We already have people in this thread saying how convenient it would be to have all our info on a chip implanted in our body. And yes, it would be convenient - until the wrong people decide how they want to use it.

    Just think how the state could control you if all that was known about you - credit history, criminal record, health history, licenses, bank balance, etc, was all put on that little chip. Anyone who scoffs at the idea is foolish. Regardless of what you think about the Bible and its prophecies, you can see this coming as a bad thing. Wait till they put GPS on one so they know where you are all the time. Think the government would like that capability? You bet they would. How would you run from them then?
    Times are getting interesting no doubt . Look up , your redemption is nigh .
    Don't blame me ; I voted for an American .

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Monroeville, Pennsylvania
    (Allegheny County)
    Posts
    1,341
    Rep Power
    29268

    Default Re: RFID implants in health care bill

    Reading in a bit more detail, this seems to be for facilitating safety recalls and such.

    The last thing you want when your implanted medical device is affected by a recall, is to have the recall be a press release on the manufacturers website that you're never going to read. It probably does make sense to know where those defective devices are, and notify those affected as quickly as possible.

    Quote Originally Posted by BSH View Post
    And that is a big part of the problem. Real universal health care could be spelled out in less than 250 pages. The fact that it's over 1,000 pages of gobbledygook means it is de facto trash, and should be treated as such.
    I very much doubt that it could be. It's a complicated issue, and a complicated system, and any comprehensive about it is going to be necessarily long and complicated.

    I support computer systems at work where the reference manual is bigger than this bill... and still woefully incomplete. And it's not a very complicated system.

    ...

    On a related note, it's unfortunate that most of the debate around healthcare reform seems to be about things that were never in the bill in the first place. It really distracts us from real work when we're spending most of our time talking about things that were either flat out made up by pundits, or from misinterpretations from people who really aren't the best types to be trying to interpret legislation.

    Call that elitist if you like. I see it as no different than people who know nothing about guns tossing around terms like "assault rifle" and "armor piercing", who have no idea what they're talking about, attempting to shape gun law. It's just a terrible idea.
    Last edited by eXceLon; September 3rd, 2009 at 10:12 PM.
    "There are four boxes to use in the defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo. Use in that order."

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Witless Protection Program, Wisconsin
    Posts
    780
    Rep Power
    650962

    Default Re: RFID implants in health care bill

    No, it's really not that complicated - or at least it doesn't have to be to be effective. List what's covered and what's not. Provide for ongoing rate studies to determine what the market (the doctors providing the service) requires for fees. Spell out limits on coverage and liability. You probably have a health insurance book outlining your coverage; it would look much like that.

    Why would it need to be complicated? That stuff about social engineering in the health care bill (like social services visiting parents to check up on them) doesn't need to be there. That stuff about "death panels" (a sad misrepresentation) doesn't belong there - let doctors make case-by-case decisions about medically appropriate treatment.

    Actually, the entire debate provides reason enough to get the Federal government OUT of the issue altogether. Let the states do it, as they ought anyway. If health care sucks in Kentucky, people can (and will) move to Kansas. Can anybody explain why the states aren't handling this?

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Emmaus, Pennsylvania
    (Lehigh County)
    Posts
    2,233
    Rep Power
    3107

    Default Re: RFID implants in health care bill

    Quote Originally Posted by 1861 View Post
    Times are getting interesting no doubt . Look up , your redemption is nigh .

    I love when people scream it's the end times.. Since it says that they will come when nobody expects it.

    So as long as end of the world people are screaming, I feel safe to know that the 2nd coming isn't going to be happening anytime soon..

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    rural, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    392
    Rep Power
    32459

    Default Re: RFID implants in health care bill

    Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    When are you without it?
    Mine is sitting on my desk right now, and I don't plan to take it with me when I leave the house today. That's the case many days for me. It's not a willful paranoia; I simply don't need to be that accessible every minute of the day.

    RFID? It can be slipped into a syringe and injected without one's knowledge very easily. No consent required if that's what they want. The next vaccination is just around the corner. RFID is contained in the threads of some clothing to track shoplifters. They say it's disabled when it leaves the store.

    And I'm not even wearing a tin foil hat.

    Whatever is going to happen is going to happen. We won't be able to stop it or even slow it down by getting in the way. His plan is in place and it's ticking away.

    Personally, if one believes prophecy, I think taking the mark will be completely voluntary. Otherwise, where's the choice to serve the beast or not?

    Is Big O the anti-christ? Who knows? If he survives a fatal wounding, we should really start looking at it a little harder. No, I DO NOT advocate harming the man, so don't get all up in arms about it.
    The real answer is 42.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    MIA, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    5,562
    Rep Power
    205561

    Default Re: RFID implants in health care bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Morel42 View Post
    I love when people scream it's the end times.. Since it says that they will come when nobody expects it.

    So as long as end of the world people are screaming, I feel safe to know that the 2nd coming isn't going to be happening anytime soon..
    I don't see anyone screaming - just a few of us making observations. I guess you think other people exercising their First Amendment rights is screaming, huh?

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    West Chester, Pennsylvania
    (Chester County)
    Posts
    1,152
    Rep Power
    186

    Default Re: RFID implants in health care bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Halftrack View Post
    Mine is sitting on my desk right now, and I don't plan to take it with me when I leave the house today. That's the case many days for me. It's not a willful paranoia; I simply don't need to be that accessible every minute of the day.

    RFID? It can be slipped into a syringe and injected without one's knowledge very easily. No consent required if that's what they want. The next vaccination is just around the corner. RFID is contained in the threads of some clothing to track shoplifters. They say it's disabled when it leaves the store.

    And I'm not even wearing a tin foil hat.

    Whatever is going to happen is going to happen. We won't be able to stop it or even slow it down by getting in the way. His plan is in place and it's ticking away.

    Personally, if one believes prophecy, I think taking the mark will be completely voluntary. Otherwise, where's the choice to serve the beast or not?

    Is Big O the anti-christ? Who knows? If he survives a fatal wounding, we should really start looking at it a little harder. No, I DO NOT advocate harming the man, so don't get all up in arms about it.
    Do you have links for these micro-rfid that can be injected without you knowing, and are as thin as a thread? I've looked into RFID a few times for work, and most tags are still at least the size of a dime. The implantable chips are pretty thick, they can't be snuck into a flu shot. At least what I last saw.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Emmaus, Pennsylvania
    (Lehigh County)
    Posts
    2,233
    Rep Power
    3107

    Default Re: RFID implants in health care bill

    Quote Originally Posted by PennsyPlinker View Post
    I don't see anyone screaming - just a few of us making observations. I guess you think other people exercising their First Amendment rights is screaming, huh?
    Oy Vey..


Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Democratic Health Care Bill Divulges IRS Tax Data
    By PocketProtector in forum General
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: August 28th, 2009, 06:05 AM
  2. Little gems from the Health Care Bill
    By andrewjs18 in forum General
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: August 22nd, 2009, 10:19 PM
  3. Replies: 7
    Last Post: July 27th, 2009, 09:12 PM
  4. Zo on health care etc.
    By LastManOut in forum General
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: October 29th, 2008, 08:02 PM
  5. Hillary... health care...
    By PisnNapalm in forum General
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: February 4th, 2008, 05:37 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Local gun shops | Local shooting ranges | Philadelphia Shooting Ranges | Philadelphia Gun Shops | Pittsburgh Shooting Ranges | Pittsburgh Gun Shops