Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: RFID implants in health care bill

Quote Originally Posted by JoeWilliams View Post
    Implant chips....

Straight out of Revelation and prophecy. I've been given to laughing at those who call Obama Anti-Christ, but more and more I'm wondering if perhaps the time hasn't come.

And he causes all, the small and the great, and the rich and the poor, and the free men and the slaves, to be given a mark on their right hand or on their forehead, and he provides that no one will be able to buy or to sell, except the one who has the mark, either the name of the beast or the number of his name. Revelation 13:16-17

People will laugh, call this stuff fairy tales, and poke fun at us, but it sure sounds like the apostle John had an idea of RFID chips almost 2000 years ago, and expressed it in terms familiar to him.

I do not name Obama the Antichrist, and I do not say that his nefarious plan with these things is the fulfillment of the above prophecy. But as Joe has mentioned, I only observe that RFID technology certainly has the capability to be used in this manner. We already have people in this thread saying how convenient it would be to have all our info on a chip implanted in our body. And yes, it would be convenient - until the wrong people decide how they want to use it.

Just think how the state could control you if all that was known about you - credit history, criminal record, health history, licenses, bank balance, etc, was all put on that little chip. Anyone who scoffs at the idea is foolish. Regardless of what you think about the Bible and its prophecies, you can see this coming as a bad thing. Wait till they put GPS on one so they know where you are all the time. Think the government would like that capability? You bet they would. How would you run from them then?

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by PennsyPlinker View Post
    Wait till they put GPS on one so they know where you are all the time. Think the government would like that capability? You bet they would. How would you run from them then?
    Your cell phone already can be used to track you. Even when you're not making a call.

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by MTechnik View Post
    Your cell phone already can be used to track you. Even when you're not making a call.
    As long as it's turned on... it's much easier to establish a link when you're making a call, but as long as that shiznit is on, you can be traced.
    III%

I know that. My truck also has a GPS built into it so the On Star people can tell exactly where I am. So what is your point? I am only pointing out that the technology now exists. Following my particular eschatology, it is not likely I will be here for the implementation I described above.

ETA: Owning a phone or a truck that has the technology is a far cry from letting one stick one inside my body. I can always opt to toss the phone or buy a horse. Hacking something out of my flesh isn't an idea I exactly relish.
    Last edited by PennsyPlinker; September 3rd, 2009 at 01:25 PM.

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by PennsyPlinker View Post
    I know that. My truck also has a GPS built into it so the On Star people can tell exactly where I am. So what is your point? I am only pointing out that the technology now exists. Following my particular eschatology, it is not likely I will be here for the implementation I described above.

ETA: Owning a phone or a truck that has the technology is a far cry from letting one stick one inside my body. I can always opt to toss the phone or buy a horse. Hacking something out of my flesh isn't an idea I exactly relish.
    Word. Never will I allow such acts of terrorism go on within my body. They can take it and shove it.
    III%

(Monroe County)

My cell phone isnt implanted in my body...
    WAKE UP OR WACO!

Quote Originally Posted by NikeBauer21 View Post
    Word. Never will I allow such acts of terrorism go on within my body. They can take it and shove it.
    Wouldn't that just be getting it in there by a different route? Seriously though, I know what you mean. I just couldn't resist.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Morel42 View Post
    However, I'd love to see what happens the first time they try to forcibly implant someone with something like that..
    Same thing that happens the first time every single health care provider required your SS#. Or the first time you had to sign away every single right you had to your medical information, to be shared with anyone the contractor deemed appropriate, every time you met an X-ray tech or somebody to run a blood or urine test (HIPA).

What will happen, is, you will comply. Voluntarily, of course.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Strapped View Post
    My cell phone isnt implanted in my body...
    When are you without it?

(Lancaster County)

A few years ago I would have really liked to have a list of women with implants. Heck, if I wasn't married, I'd still want it.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast