Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Bedford County)

Default Customer Service That Comes To You

Many of you might remember that train wreck of a Thread I started last week about problems with Brownells brand AR15 Magazines....the thread that got locked.

Not two days after that thread was posted, I was contacted by a rep. from Brownells. He stated that Brownells had software that searched for their name. They want to see what people are saying about them and their products.

He wanted those bad mags back for a look. He stated that Brownells did indeed have a small batch of bad mags, and they were looking for constant improvement. He offered to exchange the mags or refund the money including shipping.

I have been buying from Brownells for years now with great results. Friendly and knowledgeable reps, and great customer service.

In a world of 30 minute phone calls and poor customer service, I was amazed that Brownells actually finds you first!

Two thumbs up.

(Centre County)

Default Re: Customer Service That Comes To You

Too bad CDNN isn't like that.
    They fucked me over on an order and when I called, they pretty much didn't want to deal with it. They sent me the exact opposite of the gun I ordered (correct model, but wrong variant) and it was incomplete, although they assured me that it came with all tools and the factory plastic box. This clown named Randall said they'd exchange it if I want, but they couldn't guarantee that I'd get a nice gun in return and that there is a good chance that I'd get a gun that "looked like shit."
    Anybody have the phone # and/or email address of whoever is on top of the food chain there?

(Bedford County)

I have ordered from CDNN a few times with no problems. Too bad you got screwed. I'd call back and ask for the top dawg....make sure you tell them you posted here, and that we are all waiting to see how they handle it. Send them a link to this thread.

Ever order something from LOWES only to get the wrong item? Talk about a klusterfuk!!!

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by BUCKMARK View Post
    In a world of 30 minute phone calls and poor customer service, I was amazed that Brownells actually finds you first!

Two thumbs up.
    It's a shame when customer service degrades so far that people are driven to the internet to put out distress signals.

EDIT: I'm a noob, misunderstood the situation. Props to Brownell's for their Customer Service on this.
    Last edited by D-FENS; June 22nd, 2007 at 03:40 PM.
    "Because I'm an American." - MtnJack

That is pretty cool!

C4
    G&R Tactical, LLC
    www.GRTactical.com
    1-888-9GR-GUNS

(York County)

I think I have to agree with THC on this. They should have taken care of it from the start. To wait till they see negative feed back on sites like this isn't customer service, it's damage control. This is just my humble opinion.
    Mike

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by crazyyankee View Post
    I think I have to agree with THC on this. They should have taken care of it from the start. To wait till they see negative feed back on sites like this isn't customer service, it's damage control. This is just my humble opinion.
    Mike
    To clarify. I don't think he (BUCKMARK) was talking about Brownell's Customer Service. I think he was making a general statement about most Customer Service.

I went to his old locked thread to get some context on the post and it appeared to me that he wasn't going to bother calling them and they ended up calling him.

That's why I editted my post. I could be wrong but I think I was mistaken.
    "Because I'm an American." - MtnJack

(Lancaster County)

BUCKMARK,

Just to clarify this situation; did you contact Brownell about this problem prior to posting about it on this site? OR was your first contact with them as stated in this thread?

To me, that would make a difference in whether this was exemplary service, or just another company realizing they better cover their ass.

(Bedford County)

I never called Brownells prior to them comming to me.

I actually gave the mags to my cousin who is currently trying them in his Bushmaster. That would be the 4th rifle that we have tried. If they work for him...Im gonna let him keep em. If not, they will be going back.

Brownells came to me before I ever contacted anyone there. In fact, I posted here just to see if anyone was having the same problems BEFORE I contacted them.

(Allegheny County)

Kudos to them for going the extra mile. Hard to find companies like that nowadays
    The 2nd amendment is the RESET BUTTON on the constitution.
    Faith, Fun, and Firearms.
    Grace Life Church member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast