Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Franklin County)

Default Pelosi changes "hold" music from Patriotic themes to..... "smooth jazz"

http://newledger.com/2009/08/why-doe...atriotic-music

If you’ve ever been stuck on hold with a congressional office in the past, at least you’ve been able to enjoy some good patriotic music, as opposed to the lilting tones of generic smooth jazz that have been driving elevator users insane for decades. For years, congressional offices have played patriotic anthems as the background music during hold times.

Not any more. After we were startled by the hold music when we called a House office recently, sources on Capitol Hill informed us this week that the Democratic House leadership has made a sweeping decision that congressional offices now have the options of “smooth jazz” elevator music or no music at all.

According to Upton, no notification was sent to inform congressional offices of this change, and there was no monetary benefit to the taxpayers for making it. “Callers routinely express their delight in listening to a few notes of Americana while briefly waiting for their call to go through,” Upton writes, adding: “We should proudly embrace our nation’s patriotic songs, not callously shun them for elevator music.”

Clearly, this is the kind of change America was craving with the election of such a wide Democratic majority — out with the old musty tunes of patriotism, in with the jazz flute.

As for being on hold: I apologize if, during my tenure as a staffer on Capitol Hill, I was the one who stuck you there. But at least you can say that the music you heard was the sort that Americans have stood up and taken their hats off to over the years, as opposed to the kind designed to put older constituents to sleep. If the death panels won’t do it, the congressional hold music will.

Update: That didn’t take long! We’ve just had an update from the Hill that the Leadership staff ordered the CAO to make a change this morning as this story broke, and yank those old patriotic tunes back onto the hold music. Quote coming shortly.

And here it is: “Now that our patriotic tunes have mysteriously reappeared at lightning speed after reports this morning of the switch, if only Pelosi would respond in similar fashion to the majority of Americans who want the plug pulled on her budget busting health care and energy plans,” says a Hill veteran. At least if you’re seeking a response, you’ll have some patriotic music to listen to while they keep you on hold. Chalk another one up for the blogosphere getting a response!

Seriously, folks? This shit is un-freaking-believable. Replacing PATRIOTIC music with "Jazz"? What a ugly old hag. I can't wait for the TEA parties!

(Chester County)

Default Re: Pelosi changes "hold" music from Patriotic themes to..... "smooth jazz"

wow, I couldn't even make that stuff up!

glad she has nothing better to do.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Pelosi changes "hold" music from Patriotic themes to..... "smooth jazz"

Not unexpected from one who loathes America.

(Delaware County)

Nobody likes Nancy Pelosi. All my democrat friends even hate her. Hell, I think her own family probably hates her as well.

(Lancaster County)

She exemplifies, with out a doubt, the qualities that define: un-American.
    It's also much better to be an evicted survivor than an obedient corpse. -GunLawyer001

(Somerset County)

Quote Originally Posted by Conglomeration Al View Post
    Nobody likes Nancy Pelosi. All my democrat friends even hate her. Hell, I think her own family probably hates her as well.

Well , enough of them democrats like her to keep putting the old hag in office .
    Don't blame me ; I voted for an American .

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by 1861 View Post
    Well , enough of them democrats like her to keep putting the old hag in office .
    Yes gerrymandering works.

(Philadelphia County)

First, let me qualify myself by saying I don't give a rats ass about hold music.

OK, phew.

I kind of think of 'patriotic' music on the same plane as Christmas music. I love the holiday, but ten minutes of < name your favorite Christmas tunes > is enough to make me want to slice off my ears and pour quick-drying cement into my ear canals. Patriotic music is the same. I don't love my country any less because I can't stand to listen to Stars and Stripes Forever.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by H.E. Pennypacker View Post
    First, let me qualify myself by saying I don't give a rats ass about hold music.

OK, phew.

I kind of think of 'patriotic' music on the same plane as Christmas music. I love the holiday, but ten minutes of < name your favorite Christmas tunes > is enough to make me want to slice off my ears and pour quick-drying cement into my ear canals. Patriotic music is the same. I don't love my country any less because I can't stand to listen to Stars and Stripes Forever.
    With the left, symbolism is everything. Like "win on for Teddy".....Yikes

(Luzerne County)

I gotta go with pennypacker here.

I'd be more concerned about the time being wasted on hold music selection, plus the costs of changing it. If you want to listen to patriotic music, buy a cd and don't expect the gubment to provide it for you.

besides...not that I particularly care for it, but jazz is American as apple pie.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast