Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hight point c-9

Default Re: Hight point c-9

Quote Originally Posted by mikana View Post
    Man, I am sorry you were duped. That's very frustrating, to be sure. I understand how you feel, as I've been duped before, in times of my life when things were tight. To buy something that was advertised as a gun but won't function as a gun, well, you wound up with a hunk of scrap metal.

Since things have gotten better for me over the years and I understand how you feel, I have taken it upon myself to help folks like you. I would like to buy that POS, frustrating, unreliable paperweight off you. After all, it sounds like it's pretty much just so much scrap metal. Tell you what, I will offer you 100 times what the going scrap price is for that gun... let's see, that would be about $25 for $ .25 worth of scrap metal. Heck, I'll even throw in shipping...

PM me and we'll set up the transaction.
    Man you are a dick, I love that! Seriously, please take as a compliment.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Yoder View Post
    Thats just wrong but x2 =)

Quote Originally Posted by Yoder View Post
    Sorry, not really trying to be a dick. Truth is, I would be frustrated too. However, let the company have a shot at setting it right before you go on a rant. I have never heard of light firing pin strikes being a common problem with c9's. The problem of rounds not seating right in the magazine is obviously operator error. I would buy the gun from him, to be honest if he had thrown it in the road and run it over with his truck... or his Focus, or whatever. You can't go wrong with the warranty and customer service Hi Point is known for. They are great people to deal with. I bought a used 995 carbine off GB'er a couple of months ago. The orginal owner had JB welded the front sight adjustments and broken off an allen wrench in one of the screws that hold the sight on. The stock was a little rough too. All of it was obviously abuse by the previous owner, no problems with the quality or workmanship of the weapon. I called HP and the tech said, "How 'bout I send you a new front sight assembly and a whole new stock." 4 days later it was on my doorstep.

That's the kind of company I want to do business with. They are 100% US made and good folks. I'm a former LEO and military with experience with all kinds of firearms. Hi Points are what they are... an outstanding value for a good firearm.

(York County)

(Northampton County)

This is starting to sound like Car owners arguing over how much better a Porsche handles
    than a Yaris. Sure it does, It costs 10 times more so it should perform 10x better.
    If you buy a inexpensive sub compact you are only buying it to get from point A to point B.
    Your not buying it to race with or prove how Cool you are by driving a convertible.
    Likewise, when you purchase a $150 pistol you are buying it simply for fun or protection,
    because that is what you can afford.
    My first gun was a used Hi-Point 380. I purchased it when I bought my daughter a C-9 for
    self protection. $250 for two pistols with a life time guarantee. They Shoot every time we
    pull the trigger. That's what I bought. Would I prefer a $1200 custom Kimber? You bet!
    Yet, I'm not going to bad mouth a weapon simply because it's affordable.
    As the man said, " Just because you own a car doesn't mean you know how to drive."

Hokkmike Guest

Panther76 - What a positive and useful contribution. Thanks!

mikana,

You sly dog, you! Being one of the hundreds of VERY satisfied HiPoint owners, I know what you are up to! (Wish I was quicker to the punch!)

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Karl der Grosse View Post
    mikana,

You sly dog, you! Being one of the six VERY satisfied HiPoint owners, I know what you are up to! (Wish I was quicker to the punch!)
    I fixed it for ya...

Quote Originally Posted by jcabin View Post
    WOW, better be using an FFL there pal, or I'll be the first one contacting the ATF.
    Spoken like a true east coaster.... 14 years in LE, 03 ffl holder, have my 01's number as a speed dial on my cell phone. No worries on being up and up.

Hunter,

Sorry if I was a dick before. Trying to be funny... anyway...

If you are interested in getting help with your pistol, head over to http://www.hipointfirearmsforums.com The folks there are good people, like those here, I'm certain, and will help with your questions. I am a member of several on line firearm boards and find some experts on different arms frequent different boards.

Good luck!

Mike

(Cumberland County)

I forgot about the hi-points. I remember passing one up at a gun show for $100 a few years ago. Not sure if that was a good thing or a bad thing I have never owned one but you do get what you pay for. You will not have a precision tool, you will not have flawlessly smooth operation, but they are safe. I wouldn't even stand next to someone with a Jennings/Bryco/Jiminez at the range for fear of something exploding.

I appreciate hi-points build methods and for $150 you could do worse. They understand that aren't using the strongest, most sophisticated, most robust design so they just make a big, heavy, unpolished gun. I have heard of people going over the feed ramps and cleaning them up and having great success. I've heard plenty of poor feeding stories but no safety concerns. Good luck on it and just send it back. It will eventually work itself out I am sure.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast