Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hight point c-9

Default Re: Hight point c-9

I have a c9 that was given to me. I had issues when it was new with feeding and ejecting. After a 100 rounds it works fine.

I keep it around for other people to shoot at the range.
    I would never carry it or use for PD.

Quote Originally Posted by Zet70 View Post
    You have one post. Are from Mississippi, in a PA forum. And you are claiming they sent you new parts when they will cover the parts and labor for free if you send them the gun. Before they send the gun back they always test them.

Something is not right.
    X2

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Zet70 View Post
    You have one post. Are from Mississippi, in a PA forum. And you are claiming they sent you new parts when they will cover the parts and labor for free if you send them the gun. Before they send the gun back they always test them.

Something is not right.
    Whats the problem? We have dozens if not hundreds of members from outside PA, and even more who are lurkers. Maybe this utter failure of a gun prompted him to go ahead and let people know about his experience, I don't find anything unusual about that.

Generally people join forums because of a problem they had and want to share, a problem they have and want to solve, or they're seeking information.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

I think anytime you buy a cheap gun from a manufacturer with a bad reputation you are more likely to get a POS. I'm sure they make guns that work great and never fail but percentage wise you know they have more "bad" guns than Glock or Sig or any quality manufacturer. I bet even jennings and AMT made a few awesome guns, but I wouldn't bet my life on any of them. Maybe to screw around at the range, but not to carry. But really, is any gun bad? They are all special in their own way.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

(York County)

Thumbs up Re: Hight point c-9

Quote Originally Posted by Yoder View Post
    I think anytime you buy a cheap gun from a manufacturer with a bad reputation you are more likely to get a POS. I'm sure they make guns that work great and never fail but percentage wise you know they have more "bad" guns than Glock or Sig or any quality manufacturer. I bet even jennings and AMT made a few awesome guns, but I wouldn't bet my life on any of them. Maybe to screw around at the range, but not to carry. But really, is any gun bad? They are all special in their own way.
    Well said! Rep on the way.
    Rehab is for quitters!!

(Delaware County)

I guess I lucked out with my C-9, I've put 200 rounds through it in the last few days, and not a single one jammed, shot blazers,wolfs,federals and Rem. UMC's. Won't ever carry it, but that has nothing to do with its reliability, strictly its weight and dimensions.

Mike

Sorry to hear about your horrible experience, but I had to LOL, that goes to show you that if a gun looks like garbage, feels like garbage, it's probably garbage. Sorry again.

(Lackawanna County)

It has a lifetime warranty. Send it back, let them tune it, probably send you a couple of new magazines to offset the shipping, too.

They are built solidly, albeit cheaply. It is a simple tool, not an heirloom.

You can buy a Pittsburgh hammer from harbor freight for $10, or a Craftsman from Sears for $50. The craftsman may have a better polish and finish to it, but they both have a lifetime warranty, and damned if they don't both hammer nails when sed for what they are.

Get it fixed, run a few hundred rounds through it, and if you still hate it, sell it used and you'll only take a $20 hit.

'Blueprinted', with a polished feed ramp and some detail dressing on the mechanism, I'll put my wife's carry CF-380 up against any other gun. It suits her purpose; she doesn't like a lot of recoil, and the weight of the gun keeps it down; it doesn't like SWCs (or didn't until the ramp job), but even then, it would eat everything else that you threw at it.

And if all else fails, you could always beat the BG to death with it...
    "...a REPUBLIC, if you can keep it."

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by hunter View Post
    I guess it's true what they say, you get waht you pay for, if the price is cheap so is the gun in my case,I wanted to buy more of thier guns, but the trouble I've had with mine,I spend more time trying to get it to work, than I get to shoot.
    The OP is correct. When it comes to pistols, you get what you pay for. Cheap is cheap whether you like it or not. You can not expect a $140 Hi Point to run like a Sig. Yes, $1000 guns can have problems, and yes, $140 guns can go bang everytime, but they are the exception not the rule. Sure, a used Sig, Glock, etc. can be had "cheap"... but that kind of cheap is still double what a Hi Point goes for new. Cheap and reliable isn't something you should expect.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter View Post
    Just wanted to say that the high point pistol c9 I bought is a peice of crap and i would never buy another high point nothig, the first one would fire but just put a dent in the bullet, the dealer gave me a new one ,same thing,I called the company they sent me a new firing pin and spring, now the bullets lay flat in the clip and wont go in the gun properly, I guess it's true what they say, you get waht you pay for, if the price is cheap so is the gun in my case,I wanted to buy more of thier guns, but the trouble I've had with mine,I spend more time trying to get it to work, than I get to shoot. If it was free I wouldn't drive across town to pick it up. I even talked my friend into buying one and we both have the same problems,he had to send his back to the company, good thing he's a good friend or I would have wasted our money and lost a good friend in the process, I still have my friend and I can make more money, But IT WON"T BE SPENT ON ANY HIGH POINT PRODUCTS! thanks for listing....don't waste your money.
    Man, I am sorry you were duped. That's very frustrating, to be sure. I understand how you feel, as I've been duped before, in times of my life when things were tight. To buy something that was advertised as a gun but won't function as a gun, well, you wound up with a hunk of scrap metal.

Since things have gotten better for me over the years and I understand how you feel, I have taken it upon myself to help folks like you. I would like to buy that POS, frustrating, unreliable paperweight off you. After all, it sounds like it's pretty much just so much scrap metal. Tell you what, I will offer you 100 times what the going scrap price is for that gun... let's see, that would be about $25 for $ .25 worth of scrap metal. Heck, I'll even throw in shipping...

PM me and we'll set up the transaction.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by mikana View Post
    Man, I am sorry you were duped. That's very frustrating, to be sure. I understand how you feel, as I've been duped before, in times of my life when things were tight. To buy something that was advertised as a gun but won't function as a gun, well, you wound up with a hunk of scrap metal.

Since things have gotten better for me over the years and I understand how you feel, I have taken it upon myself to help folks like you. I would like to buy that POS, frustrating, unreliable paperweight off you. After all, it sounds like it's pretty much just so much scrap metal. Tell you what, I will offer you 100 times what the going scrap price is for that gun... let's see, that would be about $25 for $ .25 worth of scrap metal. Heck, I'll even throw in shipping...

PM me and we'll set up the transaction.
    WOW, better be using an FFL there pal, or I'll be the first one contacting the ATF.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast