Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Montgomery County)

Default First cc encounter, first encounter period, actually..

Hi, figured I would share this on the forum. Last night I was on my back patio putting together my new grill when my neighbor from a couple doors down walks by as he sometimes does to say hi. I was kind of squatting down assembling a portion of the grill and apparently my t shirt I was wearing had come up a little and the grip of my G19 was exposed from my iwb holster. After saying hi to my wife and I, he laughingly said "What are you doing with that BB gun in your pants." (Very joking tone). I kind of just smiled and went back to what I was doing but then after a second or two replied that "you do know thats not a bb gun, right?"
    "yeah" he said.
    Anyway, he ended up helping me put the rest of the grill together and after awhile said "so you ever have to use it?" (meaning my firearm, he knows we just moved here from philly in may.)
    "Other than at the range, no and i hope i never have to."
    Long story short, we talked for awhile and he told me about a friend of his who "has a ton of guns" and that he was familiar with them although he didn't own one of his own. He also said "I feel alot safer with you on our block." I thought he was being sarcastic, and i was about to jump at the chance to whip out one of those trusty pafoa flyers that I have started carrying in my pocket. I asked him if he was, and I was surprised that he said no, he was serious. Anyway I gave him the flyer anyway which he accepted and I extended an offer to go to the range with me anytime he felt like. So basically this was my first encounter with anyone other than my family since I have been carrying. I'm just glad I finally had a reason to give someone that flyer!!!

(Northampton County)

Default Re: First cc encounter, first encounter period, actually..

What a nice story. And good work. Maybe you have a new shooting buddy

Make sure to give him a serious safety dressout. It's easier if you go over the rules before you get to the range. That way, when you correct him, he knows when he is breaking a rule you already taught him rather than thinking you're being a know-it-all.

(Chester County)

It's nice to know that at least some of your neighbors are comfortable with guns, and you carrying. Good story. Thanks for sharing.

(Lackawanna County)

Heh very nice of your neighbor. Make sure to get him out to the range sometime rep incoming.
    "Twice today have I been told that my outfit does not match my gun..."

Nice to have open minded neighbors, and it sounds like he may be a candidate for admission into 'the fold'

good work

(York County)

It seems like he is a pretty cool neighbor. That is nice that he said he feels safer with you being on the block. Sounds like he would probably enjoy going out to the range with you some time.
    Xbox Live Gamertag: My Tango Sucka

Good job on talking to him and extending an invitation to shoot.

(Centre County)

"I feel alot safer with you on our block." I thought he was being sarcastic, and i was about to jump at the chance to whip out one of those trusty pafoa flyers that I have started carrying in my pocket. I asked him if he was, and I was surprised that he said no, he was serious. Anyway I gave him the flyer anyway which he accepted and I extended an offer to go to the range with me anytime he felt like. So basically this was my first encounter with anyone other than my family since I have been carrying. I'm just glad I finally had a reason to give someone that flyer!!!
    I am glad he was serious. Definitely introduce him to shooting and the Forum as well. Great job!!