Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Luzerne County)

Default Thinking of getting a Tisas Zigana Sport Pistol... Need opinions

I've been looking at getting one of these tisas zigana sport pistols for awhile now. They're made in Turkey as a fully automatic pistol (and semi), and sold in the US as a semi. I've heard good things about them, but not by anyone who has actually owned/fired them. There are some videos on youtube of them being fired if you search for them. Does anyone here have any firsthand experience with them or know anyone who does? Here is a link to the Tisas website and the model I'm looking at:

http://www.trabzonsilah.com/english/...anasport_beyaz
    Last edited by max384; September 1st, 2009 at 12:57 AM.
    loose≠lose; you're=you are; 'your' shows possession.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Thinking of getting a Tisas Zigana Sport Pistol... Need opinions

Well, where do I start. First of all, the kids they show on the website scroll holding the guns like Turkish gangsta's is a real treat. Second, if something goes wrong with the gun, where will you send it for repair...Turkey? I admit, I only spent a limited time on the website (as I didn't want to lose any more brain cells) but it looks like the usual Turkish knockoffs that claim high quality standards with big fancy names like CNC machining.

If I were in your position, save a few bucks and buy a used "brand" name like Smith, Sig, Glock, Springfield, and Taurus ( and yes, I own 4 of the 5 listed) that I bought used and have had good experiences with all of them.

(Luzerne County)

I also own four of the five you listed. I don't often send in my firearms that have warranties. It is usually cheaper to pay to have them fixed at a gunsmith than the hassle of mailing them and the shipping costs, so that's not too much of an issue for me. I was looking for an opinion from someone who actually has firsthand experience with them.

EDIT: I reread my reply, and didn't want to come across as a dick, wasn't meant that way, just looking for some opinions from someone who has experience with them.
    Last edited by max384; September 1st, 2009 at 12:59 AM.

No you're not a dick, you asked for first hand knowledge. I hate when people chime in with a bunch of gun brands that they think are better, when you ask a specific question. Every idiot knows Glock, Sig..... make the best guns blah blah. Some people don't get that you might want something different or unique even taking the chance it might be junk. They just assume you're stupid for wanting something different.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

(Allegheny County)

SOG have these at good prices. They look nice but the main reason I haven't purchased one is because of warranty and possible parts issue. Thinking ahead, where in the world am I going to get parts if necessary? That's what stopped me from checking one out. I'm sure if you dug around enough you could find a place that has them. If not even email them at there site but I'm not sure I want to take a chance with it at this time so I decided against it. I don't know anyone who owns one.

(Monroe County)

Sorry, no first hand expierience but it sounds like a very unique piece to add to a collection. If parts are a concern try the contact section of the website you linked to see where or if their is a service center or if they have a back-up parts package that you could get.

(Montgomery County)

Looks a lot like the American Tactical Import (ATI) pistols that I handled very briefly at Target World... Sorry, I didn't catch the model designations...

No experience w/ them - Sorry - But I wonder if ATI is simply bringing these exact pistols into the U.S. and restamping them? I dunno - just speculation...

Regards,

Bones

Hokkmike Guest

I just want to say that I have never heard of these before. That doesn't mean they're not any good. It means I don't get out enough. Good luck with your investigation.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyBones View Post
    Looks a lot like the American Tactical Import (ATI) pistols that I handled very briefly at Target World... Sorry, I didn't catch the model designations...

No experience w/ them - Sorry - But I wonder if ATI is simply bringing these exact pistols into the U.S. and restamping them? I dunno - just speculation...

Regards,

Bones
    You're right, American Tactical Imports does import them and I believe they do just stamp them ATI.

I Purchased a Tisas C45 about a year ago. I am pretty new with handguns ,but i've put prob 500 rounds through it and have not had any problems. As far as service goes I don't know. However I was looking for a black grip so I e-mailed that company in Turkey to see if thay could help me find one, they sent me one free of charge, they even payed the shipping. try that with Smith, Sig or Glock!! Again I am new and have only been a handgun owner for about a year but my expierence with the Tisas has been a positive one. good luck

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast