Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    (Schuylkill County)

Default Re: Man with LEGALGun arrested at Harrisburg Community College

That is what scares me. If they don't want you to have a gun, they can just 302 you, and poof, you are no longer allowed to carry a weapon.

I think the guy probably had no improper motives or thoughs whatsoever, but just probably said something that somone thought was innapropriate so they came down on him.

I like how the DA just pulled some strings to get his permits revoked without due process. If I were the gun owner, I would find another lawyer and sue shit out of everyone inolved. I would demand my due process rights, get my 302 expunged and get my permit back.

I mean this guy could be a creep, but he really didn't commit any crime yet so we have to assume he is innocent.

Actually, the only way they can make a 302 full is if they can say they asked him to commit and he refused.
    Good lesson here, If the PD start on you, suggest that you are willing to go for evaluation, that way, they cant say they "forced" you.
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Lawrence County)

OK, from a guy who has done 302 and 201's.........

In order to do a 302 you need to have reasonable evidence that someone is planning to do harm to themselves or others. Now.....before the tinfoil comes out let me tell you a story.....

I once had a neighbor who lost the love of his life to cancer. He told me explicitly how he was going to off himself in the next couple of days. To boot, he pounded about a case of beer and decided he wanted to drive across town. He wouldn't reason and my friend and I tried to stall him.....even to the point of drinking him into passing out (which failed). So.....I pursued a 302....which was denied since it couldn't be proven that he was an imminent danger (which has happened to me before when pursuing a 302). As a therapist I berated the crisis line to no avail........

So...I called the police and had them make him give me his keys...which they did. He slept it off and eventually drank himself out of his home and most of his possessions. He still working on it........

So....I VERY MUCH doubt we're given the entire story here due to the confidentiality laws concerning mental health laws. He pretty much had to say he was going to off himself or someone else.

A 302 must also entail the county mental health delegate.

Lycanidothisforalivibgthrope

I taught Chuck Norris to bump-fire.

(Cambria County)

Default Re: Man with LEGAL Gun arrested at Harrisburg Community College

(Lawrence County)

Quote Originally Posted by NineseveN View Post
    As a practicing therapist........

Let me tell you...some people lie.

It's like the stories that kids get removed because parents spank them. Believe me.....when kids get removed due to punishment, they are hurt bad. It's been years since I've seen a kid removed for even a full fist strike.

It's relatively hard to 302.

Lycanifyouonlysawwahtidothrope

(Lawrence County)

My typing sucks HARD tonight.

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by Lycanthrope View Post
    As a practicing therapist........

Let me tell you...some people lie.

It's like the stories that kids get removed because parents spank them. Believe me.....when kids get removed due to punishment, they are hurt bad. It's been years since I've seen a kid removed for even a full fist strike.

It's relatively hard to 302.

Lycanifyouonlysawwahtidothrope
    Understood, but that is not what happened here. My better half was also 302'd long ago by the very same cops under similar circumstances. Any system can be abused, and anything that can be abused will, there has to be ample room and easy opportunities to account for such abuses when it comes to our rights and reverse those inequities.

(Lawrence County)

Quote Originally Posted by NineseveN View Post
    Understood, but that is not what happened here. My better half was also 302'd long ago by the very same cops under similar circumstances. Any system can be abused, and anything that can be abused will, there has to be ample room and easy opportunities to account for such abuses when it comes to our rights and reverse those inequities.
    And people who should be committed are not every day. I really think that people wrongfully committed are the smallest minority.

I have had to bust my ass to committ in Pittsburgh and other counties.

(Chester County)

That is what scares me. If they don't want you to have a gun, they can just 302 you, and poof, you are no longer allowed to carry a weapon.
    This is a scary precedent. Of course we don't really know the context or what actually happened. The kid could be a weirdo, sees someone who he thinks gives his car a once over and threatens them. Or he could be a normal guy, someone mentions something to him about his car and he responds off handedly not really thinking about it. Then the guy he makes the comment to loses his mind. My brother found an old .25 auto round in the parking lot of his townhouse and was almost panicking ready to call the police, people react to guns these days like you are a criminal if you have one.

Hasn't anyone here ever made a comment about guns that could be taken out of context or interpreted literally instead of sarcastically? If you've ever said MOLON LABE (come and take them), I guess you should be arrested!

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by Lycanthrope View Post
    And people who should be committed are not every day. I really think that people wrongfully committed are the smallest minority.

I have had to bust my ass to committ in Pittsburgh and other counties.
    Agreed, but rights protect the minority, do they not, especially? I'm not saying that a 302 is a bad thing, I believe that the requirements have been solidified, but denying someone their 2A rights based on it is silly, especially when the ATF ruled 302 commitments as they were during Russel's time were unconstitutional since they did not fit the obligations of due process.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast