Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Difference between Concealed Weapon and License to Carry?

Quote Originally Posted by ryanj9878 View Post
    thanks for the fast response. Is it true that I will be able to go to the courthouse and get it right there that day the license to carry firearms?

What is "first class", not familiar with this, trying to learn the rules and laws before I head out to get one?

Also has anyone heard of a pF9 (its a small hand gun) he is asking me if I want it for $200, manufacture kel-tec good deal or no?
    Not being from PA I can't say positively that the first statement is true or false. But from reading the treads here it doesn't seem to be the norm. Even the part about fingerprints doesn't seem to be true. Maybe your friend lived in another state or alternate reality.

First class- The city of Philadelphia is the only city in PA to hold that description. In Philly you need a LTCF whether you OC or CC. Other then that it's hard to find much about Philly to give it a title like that.

Keltec makes fine little guns. $200 isn't a bad deal. But you'll have to take it to an FFL dealer to do a transfer.
    Divided we ever have been, and ever must be.Two thirds always had and will have more difficulty to struggle with the one third than with all our foreign enemies. - John Adams

(Washington County)

I live in washington county and I got my LCTF the same day I applied for it. Just took about 20 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by CerealKiller View Post
    I live in washington county and I got my LCTF the same day I applied for it. Just took about 20 minutes.
    York is that way, also.

(Luzerne County)

thanks for the fast response. Is it true that I will be able to go to the courthouse and get it right there that day the license to carry firearms?

What is "first class", not familiar with this, trying to learn the rules and laws before I head out to get one?

Also has anyone heard of a pF9 (its a small hand gun) he is asking me if I want it for $200, manufacture kel-tec good deal or no?
    I just noticed you are from Hazleton. That is luzerne county. I got a new LTCF at the sheriffs office in Wilkes Barre, a few months ago. Took maybe 15 minutes.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

My friend has a permit he said its just for "Concealed Weapons Permit" I asked him if its a License to Carry Permit and he said no they are different? Is that true???
    I am in carbon county, he said the permit he got he went down the court house on his 21 birthday and filled out a form, got a pictures, they ran a background check, then he was out the door with his concealed weaons permit? Can someone clear this up?
    Maybe he means he has a sportsman's permit... which is completely different than a LTCF.

Quote Originally Posted by HiredGoon View Post
    Maybe he means he has a sportsman's permit... which is completely different than a LTCF.
    Good point!!!!

(Bucks County)

Luzerne County Sheriff. Living in Hazleton you can go to the Annex on Warren Street.

Sheriff's Office Hazleton Annex Building
    123 WARREN STREET, HAZLETON, PA 18201

Thursday 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM
    Friday 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM
    This division can be reached at (570) 459-6496

In Bucks County, the annex office doesnt issue on the spot...dont know about Luzerne

(Delaware County)

My friend has a permit he said its just for "Concealed Weapons Permit" I asked him if its a License to Carry Permit and he said no they are different? Is that true???
    I am in carbon county, he said the permit he got he went down the court house on his 21 birthday and filled out a form, got a pictures, they ran a background check, then he was out the door with his concealed weaons permit? Can someone clear this up?
    Quote Originally Posted by soberbyker View Post
    Pennsylvania issues a License To Carry Firearms (LTCF) not a concealed carry permit. Your LTCF covers you when concealed, in a car, in a state of emergency, and open carry in cities of the first class. Philadelphia is the only city of the first class in Pa currently. Outside of Philadelphia no license is needed to carry openly.

Your county website application can be found here:

http://carboncountysheriff.com/pages/functions/firearms.html
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjam2jab View Post
    Luzerne County Sheriff. Living in Hazleton you can go to the Annex on Warren Street.

Sheriff's Office Hazleton Annex Building
    123 WARREN STREET, HAZLETON, PA 18201

Thursday 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM
    Friday 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM
    This division can be reached at (570) 459-6496

In Bucks County, the annex office doesnt issue on the spot...dont know about Luzerne
    I posted the Carbon County info based on the OP saying he was there.

As to issue on the spot, Delaware County, where I am, makes you wait the full time and then some.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by soberbyker View Post
    I posted the Carbon County info based on the OP saying he was there.

As to issue on the spot, Delaware County, where I am, makes you wait the full time and then some.
    I missed OP's mention of Carbon County...i just looked based on the location on right....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12