Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (York County)

Default Is there anywhere in PA that still holds Pigeon Shoots?

Just wondering. I know that there has been MAJOR flap over the entire issue of Pigeon shoots here in PA as we are the last state that still allows them. I know that there were citations issued at the Philadelphia Gun Club last year or early 2009. I also know that the infamous Hegins shoot ended in 1999 and am just curious if there are any other gun clubs that still holds them.

(York County)

Default Re: Is there anywhere in PA that still holds Pigeon Shoots?

I doubt if any clubs do it anymore due to the crap they would have to put up with. The tree huggers and PETA make life tough for you and most are not willing to bother with it. You may find some on private property somewhere, but I wouldn't know how to find them.
    " The Seeds of Oppression Will One Day Bear The Fruit of Rebellion."

(Lycoming County)

I have pigeon shoots all the time They do nothing but crap all over my equipment and barn floor. I went to get the farmall C the other day and it had about 2 inches of crap on it. That did it! Told my 10 Son to get his shotgun. 10 pigeons later I was feeling better.

If you want, give it a couple of weeks and we can have a pigeon shoot. Bring a case of beer, that way, they think we are just having a picnic

Be safe (and it is like shooting pigeons in a barn,...er,uh I mean fish in a barrel).

Scott

(York County)

Isn't it a real shame how these groups of people push their 'animal rights' agenda?

I always thought that the only 'rights' animals had were the 'right' to be grilled up nicely on my plate for dinner. Oh...that's right...most of these activists only care if it is a 'cute' animal. (not saying that I eat Pigeons.....but you get my point)

Amazing.

(Lehigh County)

There are but you have to be in the circle to find out about them. I'm not in the circle. It's way to rich for me. The birds cost a small fortune and there is a lot of cash wagered. I'm close enough to the circle to hear who won the money and where it was. I know of two that were held this summer but I'm not putting that information on the internet.
    The older I get, the better I used to be.

(Chester County)

I'll be having my own little one man pigeon shoot this Tuesday, and throughout the dove season. Normally when I dove hunt, any pigeons that fly over are fair game. I don't eat pigeons, but I'll shoot every one I can. They are number 2 behind blackbirds on my list of disease carrying filth. All pigeons I shoot are left to the creatures of the night to clean up.