Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Tuckable vs. Non-Tuckable IWB

I recently obtained my LTCF and knowing that some of the nicer IWB holsters take a bit of time to receive after ordering, I've been looking for a cheap, but good quality, alternative that I can get my hands on relatively quickly. After a bit of research, I've decided on a high noon holster (I'm very interested in the Milt Sparks Versa Max II but there's about a 6 month backup). My debate is between the bare asset (non-tuckable) and the split decision (tuckable) for my G19. And, my question for you is, are there any differences in comfort between a tuckable and a non-tuckable or any other issues that I should know of? I normally wouldn't need a tuckable IWB, due to my normal dress, but figured I'd spend the extra $10 in this instance in case I ever do need to tuck my shirt (i.e. out to eat, special occasion, etc.). Is there any reason to not get the tuckable?

LINKS

Split Decision (Tuckable):
    http://www.highnoonholsters.com/Prod..._decision.html

Bare Asset (Non-Tuckable):
    http://www.highnoonholsters.com/Prod...are_asset.html

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Tuckable vs. Non-Tuckable IWB

I think youll be disapointed with both of them. Spend the exrtra money for a good holster. In the long run you will save money. What is going to happen is your going to keep buying different cheap holsters over and over until you give up and buy a good one.
    No longer posting

(Lycoming County)

For not much more kholster.com has been getting great feedback on the site. I have one for my Glock 30 and am so happy that I decided to give them a try.

I'm sure there are some 10% discount codes floating around if you are interested. I may even have one.....
    I think the founding fathers meant exactly what they wrote: the government should not make any laws restricting the RIGHT of the people to 'hold or retain in one's possession' and 'hold or carry' guns and other weapons that would allow them to keep their government in line.

(Lancaster County)

I own a Kholster and it is my favorite and most comfortable holster i own. To top it off this just came in a email.

"Dear Kholster Customer,

It has come to my attention that the message we tried to send customers about our Summer Sale last month did not make it to all of you. This was due to a problem at our web hosting company that has hopefully been resolved. Since many of you did not get a chance to take advantage of the 20% discount offered during the sale, we are going to have a 3 day sale so you can cover those “other” guns you have. Tell your friends so they can save some money too.
    The sale will begin at 12:01am on Friday 9/11 and will end at midnight on Monday 9/14. In addition to discounting all Kholsters 20%, we will be honoring the fallen 9/11 heroes by donating $1 for every Kholster sold to the St. Louis BackStoppers organization. Please visit http://www.backstoppers.org for more information about this great organization that serves the families of fallen Fire fighters and Police officers in the St. Louis area. Thank you for your support.

911 - Never Forget.

Ready to Serve,"
    No longer posting

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by s.vermeire View Post
    For not much more kholster.com has been getting great feedback on the site. I have one for my Glock 30 and am so happy that I decided to give them a try.

I'm sure there are some 10% discount codes floating around if you are interested. I may even have one.....
    I would be very interested if you did have a code! I'll also do a search and see if I can find any info.

http://www.comp-tac.com/catalog.php?...55cgen181tlie4

thier IWB holsters are of good quality. i got mine a week and a day after ordering. exelent customer service. all 4 of the Minotaur are tuckable and one or two others on there as well. also adjustable cant; and for the glocks a 'slide' version so if u decide later to get a differnt model you can use the same holster. or order a new body if you get a differnt gun altogether.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gasman View Post
    I recently obtained my LTCF and knowing that some of the nicer IWB holsters take a bit of time to receive after ordering, I've been looking for a cheap, but good quality, alternative that I can get my hands on relatively quickly. After a bit of research, I've decided on a high noon holster (I'm very interested in the Milt Sparks Versa Max II but there's about a 6 month backup). My debate is between the bare asset (non-tuckable) and the split decision (tuckable) for my G19. And, my question for you is, are there any differences in comfort between a tuckable and a non-tuckable or any other issues that I should know of? I normally wouldn't need a tuckable IWB, due to my normal dress, but figured I'd spend the extra $10 in this instance in case I ever do need to tuck my shirt (i.e. out to eat, special occasion, etc.). Is there any reason to not get the tuckable?

LINKS

Split Decision (Tuckable):
    http://www.highnoonholsters.com/Prod..._decision.html

Bare Asset (Non-Tuckable):
    http://www.highnoonholsters.com/Prod...are_asset.html
    When I was looking for a Milt Sparks VM2 a few years ago for my G26, I too wasn't interested in the long lead time. That's when I found Lightning Arms Sports (http://lightningarms.com/products.htm). I was able to get the VM2 in about a week instead of 4+ months. I did pay a slight premium, but for me it was worth it. I also got the kydex clips to allow the holster to be tuckable.
    You'll probably have to call Lightning Arms to see what they have in stock. When I ordered, they only had cordovan instead of black, but since it was for IWB, I wasn't too concerned about color.

If you get the VM2, you'll love it. It's a great holster.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Too-Tall View Post
    http://www.comp-tac.com/catalog.php?...55cgen181tlie4

thier IWB holsters are of good quality. i got mine a week and a day after ordering. exelent customer service. all 4 of the Minotaur are tuckable and one or two others on there as well. also adjustable cant; and for the glocks a 'slide' version so if u decide later to get a differnt model you can use the same holster. or order a new body if you get a differnt gun altogether.
    I've had my C-TAC for almost two years now (if not more, I forget) and I'm very happy with it for casual everyday wear. Have a Miami Classic (from Galco) on order for when I'm wearing a jacket/suit.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdlv4_0
    When are people going to learn that safety is not a "feeling"

(Philadelphia County)

While I greatly appreciate the input on the different types of IWB holsters, I have researched them quite a bit and don't want to turn this into another "what are the different IWB holsters out there" thread. Don't get me wrong, I always appreciate everyone's input on this forum and have learned A LOT since becoming a member.

I actually just placed an order for the split decision from high noon. I'm just curious about tuckable vs. non-tuckable and whether I'll notice any differences in comfort or other issues that I'm not aware of. If you have the extra money, would you choose tuckable over non-tuckable anyday? Anybody have any input on this? Thanks again.

was York, now it's Pawley's Island, South Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by Gasman View Post
    I would be very interested if you did have a code! I'll also do a search and see if I can find any info.
    pretty sure I've got a code around here... let me take a look in a bit and I'll pm it to you...

ETA - just read your last post. nevermind...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast