Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Columbia County)

Default All Auto? how come?

Maybe it's just me.. or maybe most people in Pa own/carry semi-auto handguns..... But I've wondered why there is not a separate revolver thread/forum????????? Did I miss something? Sure seems like it would be a viable thread topic? Anyone agree?

(Berks County)

Default Re: All Auto? how come?

First, I would like to welcome you to PAFOA. I hope you will find it as fun and interesting as I have.

You are welcome to start any thread you like about revolvers in the Pistols area. Perhaps that forum should have been labeled "Hand Guns" instead of "Pistols".

You are certainly not alone in being a revolver fan. My new Taurus Tracker .357 is quickly becoming one of my favorites.

(Columbia County)

thanks SSCuster! Yeah, though revolvers are actually pistols, the current connotation seems to suggest semi-autos for some reason... Tell me about your Tracker!!!! that is one of the "I wants!" for me..... btw.... i knew a few Custers in Berks co years ago.

(Centre County)

Why? Think of the context. Most of us here talk about handguns in the context of CCW and defense on the street.
    For the net combination of concealability, capacity, feel, reloading speed, and accuracy, semi-autos eclipse revolvers.

(Columbia County)

well, my reason for asking wasn't to start a debate about the "classing" but merely to inquire about a revolver thread so as not to waste time sifting through the "semi's". I just happen to like the revolvers.

(Berks County)

I bought the 4" Taurus 627 at a gun show in Reading a few weeks ago. Although I have been shooting for 35 years, it is my first .357. The darn thing feels right in my hand and shoots straight. You can't ask for more. Even when I load the cylender with magnums, it is quite accurare and controllable.

As for Custers in Berks, my family lives mostly in the Oley valley and in Muhlenberg Township. If you knew a character named Stroud Custer, that was either my grandfather (Sr), my dad (Jr) or my brother (III).

If you want to talk more about revolvers, we should start a new thread in the Pistols area.

(Philadelphia County)

It mostly just comes down to not wanting to create too many forums. If we created a forum for every minute topic about guns no one would be able to find anything because we'd have hundreds of forums.

I'm actually in the process of getting ready to remove and consolidate a few of them.
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking