Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Montgomery County)

Default Lower Pottsgrove sportsmen association

Anybody here a member ,,I'm local and looking for a member to I guess sponsor me to get a membership or whatever it is.
    I know you need a current member to get you in.

Anybody have a comments on this place,,would be nice as it's only 10 minutes from me
    Glock Certified Armorer, GSSF Member, NRA Member

(Chester County)

Default Re: Lower Pottsgrove sportsmen association

Yes, there are a few guys here that could probably help you out. At this point, that place will never see a single penny of mine. I may change my mind at some point, but I highly doubt it.

You will hear a lot more bad things about that club than you will her good things. Dues are dirt cheap though. I guess they have to be with the reputation they have...

(Montgomery County)

Last time I was there ... they had a restriction on membership....by skin color. Most everyone there was extremenly verbal about their dislike of folks of african origin.

The "bar" is the main attraction to that place... cheap drinks...video poker machines in the back room...that pay out.

Pistol range was Ok.

Rifle Range was OK...but couldn't be used if someone was shooting on the Trap range.

The dues were dirt cheap.

I couldn't take the restrictions they had on membership. I would not recommend it as a club, unless cheap drinks and gambling are your draw.

They do allow bow hunting on the property for members... that was a plus.

There is another place in the area. Lower Providence Sportsmans Assoc (LPRGC.org)... costs more...some rules people think are archaic and restrictive... But I can live with them... just off the Oaks exit off of 422.

Good luck with your search

(Montgomery County)

Don't like the comments so far ,,,Boyertown gun and rod club ??

Not to interested in Lower Providance,,,expensive ,dues and you have to put in work too ??

(Montgomery County)

I use to belong there but gave it up. I shoot at Boyertown now. Much better.

I belong to Elverson. It's a pretty good club since I seldom see other members there, so I normally have the range to myself.

We are currently maxed out at 400 members, but people will probably not renew.

(Montgomery County)

I actually joined Lower Providence ,,not as bad as I thought price wise,,, enjoying it so far,,nice cub with plenty of activities

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by aubie515 View Post
    I belong to Elverson. It's a pretty good club since I seldom see other members there, so I normally have the range to myself.

We are currently maxed out at 400 members, but people will probably not renew.
    I'll second Elverson, I'm a member and have been relatively happy. Covered benches would be nice, but they're one of the only ranges in the area with a 200yd lane, and they're planning to install a 300yd lane. The range is always clean, and the members and ROs have always been friendly. The club also runs a board/trap shoots a few times a month that are open to the public if you're interested in checking the place out; I've never been myself, but it might be a good way to see if you like the place. One of these days I have to go to a trap shoot.

Membership was maxed out when I joined as well, but apply anyway. They'll put you on a wait list, and for every person that doesn't renew, they'll take a new member off the list. You have to be sponsored (Aubie sponsored me), and attend the club meeting where new members are inducted. Even if you don't have a sponsor, attend the meeting if your name comes up on the list. There's usually a member there who will sponsor new guys that don't already have a sponsor.

Good luck.
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas