Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Default How to take the PA Hunters Safety Course.

I am sure some members on this site have enver taken the opportunity to take the PA Hunters Safety Course. This will allow you to obtain a hunting licencse in PA. Here is the link to the game commission.

http://www.pgc.state.pa.us/pgc/cwp/v...a=461&q=153086

(Philadelphia County)

Thanks for posting this. Im going to take this next time its offered at my local range, which is SPAG.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

Oh you called to get the info huh...why not post your findings...IE how much it will cost and things of that nature.

(Dauphin County)

I just attended this August..took my neighbor kid to HQ here in Harrisburg They ran a 2 day course..3 hrs on a Thursday night and then a 8hr on Saturday. No fee-just preregister for the course. Did a pretty good job keeping it interesting even for me (old fart).

(Allegheny County)

Coraopolis Sportsmans has a free course Sept 23-24. My son and sister are going. I think they're still taking registrations. (412) 264-9920

(Lebanon County)

Default Re: How to take the PA Hunters Safety Course.

I've been having trouble getting to one of these, and me and father piratically gave up on it, but this sticky looks pretty helpful. After I show this to my father, maybe we can finally go to one of these safety courses.

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by aubie515 View Post
    Oh you called to get the info huh...why not post your findings...IE how much it will cost and things of that nature.

All H.T.E Class are free to attend. Some clubs charge for a lunch.
    Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion, without the discomfort of thought.

John F Kennedy.

(Bucks County)

Over 30 years ago, I took this class with my dad. I was 12 and dad said the only way I could get a .22 rifle was to take a safety class.

We took the class at Plymouth Meeting Mall in a conf area in Strawbridges!!!! It was all class room work.

Anyway, we took the test at the end. I'll never forget it. It was the first time in my LIFE I did better than dad! I got a 98% and he got 96%. I'm not sure who actually felt better, me or him.

Thanks Dad.

(Adams County)

I took the course years ago but never got a license. I don't have my orange card anymore. Is there someone I can call that will have me on record, or wil I have to take it again?

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by djturnz View Post
    I took the course years ago but never got a license. I don't have my orange card anymore. Is there someone I can call that will have me on record, or wil I have to take it again?
    From what I heard, they never even ask.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast