Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default LEGAL QUESTION, MAYBE?

im taking my truck to the ford dealer on friday to get the plugs changed, heres my question, if they strip the plug holes on the heads are they responsible? i am going to ask them first before i get the work done but i need some ammunition (if you know what i mean) before i consent. BTW the ford triton 5.4 has a problem with short threads in the heads, it should of been recalled but i guess it was too expensive and it wasn't a safety issue.
    FJB

(Chester County)

Default Re: LEGAL QUESTION, MAYBE?

I would have to say that yes, they should be responsible for any damage they do to your vehicle while it's in their shop, but IANAL....

Nope.

It will cost you if the threads pull.

(Allegheny County)

Basically, it comes down to whether or not it can be proven that the tech caused the problem or not, if it even happens at all. If the plugs were changed previously, did it happen then? That's a question that could be asked.

What it comes down to is wait and see and if it does happen, stand your ground even if it takes contacting the district rep for Ford.

What I don't understand is why you'd take a vehicle back to a dealer for plugs? You can do it yourself or have a local mechanic you trust do it and it will not void your warranty if it still in effect, and cost you much less. With dealer labor rates, I only use a dealer as a last resort. And they don't always know what they're doing any better than the local shop. I found this out with my F-150 and it was at the dealer for 2 weeks after neither I or my trusted mechanic could figure out what was wrong with it. They finally had to call Dearborn to figure out what was wrong.
    "Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons."
    -Gen. Douglas MacArthur

Quote Originally Posted by officer64 View Post
    Basically, it comes down to whether or not it can be proven that the tech caused the problem or not, if it even happens at all. If the plugs were changed previously, did it happen then? That's a question that could be asked.

What it comes down to is wait and see and if it does happen, stand your ground even if it takes contacting the district rep for Ford.

What I don't understand is why you'd take a vehicle back to a dealer for plugs? You can do it yourself or have a local mechanic you trust do it and it will not void your warranty if it still in effect, and cost you much less. With dealer labor rates, I only use a dealer as a last resort. And they don't always know what they're doing any better than the local shop. I found this out with my F-150 and it was at the dealer for 2 weeks after neither I or my trusted mechanic could figure out what was wrong with it. They finally had to call Dearborn to figure out what was wrong.
    Yeah, trust your local shade tree........

Then you will pay me.

ETA: If you think Dearborn is any help, you are sorely mistaken........
    Last edited by fingers80002; August 24th, 2009 at 09:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by officer64 View Post

i hear what your saying, but the truck is a 2000 and out of warranty, if it did happen to have damage, i wouldnt want my local mechanic bare the brunt of this kind of insurance claim. another thing, the plugs were never changed, ford told me not to do it until it reached 100,000 miles, i have95000,00 on it now.
    FJB

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    i hear what your saying, but the truck is a 2000 and out of warranty, if it did happen to have damage, i wouldnt want my local mechanic bare the brunt of this kind of insurance claim. another thing, the plugs were never changed, ford told me not to do it until it reached 100,000 miles, i have95000,00 on it now.
    If the threads do pull, DO NOT let them say you need a head.

It can be repaired.

I charge $50 per hole..........

Last edited by mikey; February 28th, 2010 at 11:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mikey View Post
    WOW!! That's cheap!...oh, your talking about vehicle repairs...never mind.
    2 words for ya, and they aren't Happy Birthday, or Merry Christmas..........

Last edited by mikey; February 28th, 2010 at 11:26 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast