Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lackawanna County)

Default Juvenile Tasered as police break up fights near University of Scranton

Faced with an unruly crowd near the University of Scranton, city police Saturday night Tasered and arrested a 16-year-old who attempted to assault an officer.

The boy was one of three teens arrested and charged with misdemeanor disorderly conduct and failure to disperse on official order, Sgt. James Sheerin said.

The juveniles were part of an estimated 30-person crowd police found when called to Ridge Row for reports of a fight just before 11 p.m. A security guard at the nearby Jacobson Hat Co. said he was harassed.

When police confronted the boy who pushed the guard, he became disruptive and needed to be subdued with an electroshock gun, Sgt. Sheerin said. Scranton police have been carrying Tasers since May.

Sgt. Sheerin said the crowd then surrounded the officers and would not follow orders to disperse. Two more teens, a 15-year-old girl and 16-year-old boy, were taken into custody without being Tasered.

Scranton police did not release the names of the juveniles.

Sgt. Sheerin said the incident was one of several fights within a few blocks of the scene - including the 300 block of Prescott Avenue and the 1500 and 1700 blocks of Linden Street - but it is unknown whether the fights were related to each other.

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: Juvenile Tasered as police break up fights near University of Scranton

Friggin' bangers getting together to 'welcome' the new students.

These a-holes surrounded the police cars, and the fool that got tased tried to smack down one of the cops.
    "...a REPUBLIC, if you can keep it."

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Juvenile Tasered as police break up fights near University of Scranton

My approval of taserings is generally inversely proportional to the recipients age.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by wa3ra View Post
    Friggin' bangers getting together to 'welcome' the new students.

These a-holes surrounded the police cars, and the fool that got tased tried to smack down one of the cops.
    if he tried to smack down a cop why isn't he charged with assult? dissorderly conduct and failure to disperse is a pretty lame charge.

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by brewguy View Post
    if he tried to smack down a cop why isn't he charged with assult? dissorderly conduct and failure to disperse is a pretty lame charge.
    Key word there is TRIED to smackdown a cop. Maybe the cop figured, hey, I'm going to get him before he smacks me down..
    III%

Quote Originally Posted by Helter View Post
    My approval of taserings is generally inversely proportional to the recipients age.
    Spare the rod, taser the child!

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by BTA88 View Post
    Spare the rod, taser the child!
    That should be like a bumper sticker or t-shirt.

(Northampton County)

20 or 30 years ago they would have been beaten bloody with night sticks. The police never asked your age before hitting you with a club, if you were acting up and told to stop. Just saying.

I was not there I don’t know if the kid deserved it or not. It is not a good idea to surround LEO’s as a crowd though.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by rflynn View Post
    20 or 30 years ago they would have been beaten bloody with night sticks. The police never asked your age before hitting you with a club, if you were acting up and told to stop. Just saying.

I was not there I don’t know if the kid deserved it or not. It is not a good idea to surround LEO’s as a crowd though.
    No shit, couple years ago when I was around the music scene I rubbed alot of shoulders with "gutter punks" and they have NO fear or respect for the boys in blue. They are not afraid to start throwing rocks or hands at cops.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by mickey01023 View Post
    No shit, couple years ago when I was around the music scene I rubbed alot of shoulders with "gutter punks" and they have NO fear or respect for the boys in blue. They are not afraid to start throwing rocks or hands at cops.
    And that is why I don't feel so bad when I here a kid got Tazed. Allot worse could have happened to him. You didn't mouth off to a cop when I was a kid unless you wanted to feel pain. Never mind making LEO's think you were going to attack them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast