Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default WTB: Fayette County Sheriff patch.

Looking for the old keystone shape and/or current versions.
    Thanks.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: WTB: Fayette County Sheriff patch.

i have som around somewhere. i think they are boxed up somewhere. are you a collector? i mostly collect badges, myself.
    mpi

(Perry County)

I would keep an eye out on eBay...if you haven't already. Go under Collectibles > Historical Memorabilia > Police > Patches > Pennsylvania. I just checked and didn't see any, but I have a collection of police shoulder patches as well. They are mostly from interesting places I've been or ones with wolves. I like wolf stuff and have some neat wolf patches including an indian tribal police patch or two. I also have a collection of the police of the township I live in throughout the years. It's neat to see how they change colors and designs.
    Last edited by dmg1969; June 18th, 2007 at 07:49 AM.
    Dave G.

"Gun control has not worked in D.C. The only people who have guns are criminals. We have the strictest gun laws in the nation and one of the highest murder rates. It's quicker to pull your Smith & Wesson than to dial 911 if you're being robbed."

-Lieutenant Lowell Duckett, Special Assistant to DC Police Chief; President, Black Police Caucus, The Washington Post, March 22, 1996

FN Herstal FNP-9M 9mm compact
    Taurus model 85 .38 special

Yeah, I've been checking Ebay for quite some time with no luck on these, they seem harder to find than other PA patches. I collect mainly PA State Police items, but also PA sheriffs patches.
    Thanks for the response.

(Perry County)

If you are a collector, a well-written letter to the Department may yield a positive result. Granted, things may have changed since 9-11.

In the past, a department would issue a patch to another department or collector if requested as a courtesy. I know that, many times, when you walk into a police department within Pennsylvania, you see a large frame hanging on the wall. Inside the frame are generally patches from other departments. I know I see it whenever I go to the Cumberland County Sheriff's office.

Again, 9-11 may have changed that practice. But, what have you got to loose except some time and ink.
    Dave G.

"Gun control has not worked in D.C. The only people who have guns are criminals. We have the strictest gun laws in the nation and one of the highest murder rates. It's quicker to pull your Smith & Wesson than to dial 911 if you're being robbed."

-Lieutenant Lowell Duckett, Special Assistant to DC Police Chief; President, Black Police Caucus, The Washington Post, March 22, 1996

FN Herstal FNP-9M 9mm compact
    Taurus model 85 .38 special