Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (York County)

Default Concealed carry @ air show?

Hey guys, I am thinking about going to the air show at Lancaster airport today. I Never went to one before,I know usually guns and airports don't mix, but this is all outside I assume. So would you think C.C. would be OK ? Are there any special laws about airport grounds?

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: Concealed carry @ air show?

I would like to know the answer to this also. I'm a private pilot, and while I haven't flown since moving to PA, I would like to know if I can carry into the airport tarmac while going to and from the airplane that I will pilot. To get to my airplane, I don't have to walk through the main terminals and I don't have to go through the metal detectors.

(Lancaster County)

No problem as long as you don't try to get in the sterile area, Which is where the folks flying on a commercial plane go when they pass thru the checkpoint metal detector tsa guys. I'd like to go too but my back is all screwed up. I worked for the airport authority for 12 years. I don't think you will have any problem. If you OC you might. Some of the Management might panic if they see a gun, They are antis.
    Last edited by duane1; August 23rd, 2009 at 10:27 AM.
    I'd rather be judged by twelve than carried by six!

(Berks County)

Hello Corn Flake, I'm also Pilot (P.P APSEL... haven't been able to afford flying since having kids though).

I would believe that unless there is a sterile area for a scheduled carrier and unless you needed to enter that area you shouldn't have any issue.

Most smaller airports that have a sterile area are just for the scheduled carriers. The GA ramp is usually walk up. If I recall a few years ago Lancaster (maybe it was Reading) had a gate outside the terminal where you could get to a plane parked at the terminal ramp by entering the ATIS or CTAF frequency.

For most airshows it's likely you won't be anywhere near the terminal. Your biggest issue might be some anti who panics and wants swat and the national guard called if they see you printing.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by twoeggsup View Post
    Hello Corn Flake, I'm also Pilot (P.P APSEL... haven't been able to afford flying since having kids though).
    I know that feeling. Just last year the cost of AVGAS was $6-7/gallon. I've flown to Lancaster. When you enter through the main door, the security checkpoint is to the right and the GA entrance is a door to the left. I don't remember the combination for the keypad but remember that it was printed on the inside, so if you fly TO Lancaster, you'll write it before exiting the GA area.

(York County)

Thanks for the info.