Hey guys,

I recently bought a Kel-tec PF9. When I first bought it the slide lock wouldn't work, I read on ktog that this is due to the magazine follower being made of plastic and designed improperly...after taking a knife to the magazine follower the slide locks back solid. We'll see if it lasts.

I took the PF9 to the range on Sunday. I shot 62rnds and had 9 failures. Two failure to extracts and 7 failures due to light strikes. After cleaning the gun I decided to take out the firing pin chamber and check for obstructions. I heard that sometimes there are a significant number of burrs in the firing pin channel, and that the firing pin holding screw sometimes rubs on the pin itself(causing undue friction). I found that the holding crew was so tight(or maybe soft?) that even after heating it up with a soldering iron(to soften any locktite) it only took 1 turn of the kel-tec supplied allen wrench to round off the socket in the screw. After several attempts at retrieving the bolt with an E-Z out I finaly gave in and called kel-tec. I was instructed to ship the slide assembly to them. It should arrive next Tues. I felt like a loser.

I will keep up with any information as it comes in.

(PS: I really liked the way the gun shot.....it just didn't shoot all that often when i pulled the trigger )