Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (York County)

Default Re: Kel-tec PF9 and Customer Service Reliability Review

I love Kel-Tec but I will never purchase another.

I have a Sub 2000 an Su-16C and a P32.

The sub was having problems extracting and I sent it back to Kel-Tec. Well, would you believe I had it back in less than 3 weeks and it looks like they replaced almost everything.

A few months ago I had problem with the P32 slide staying back after the last round. I made the mistake of sending it back to Kel-Tec. After a month of no status I called and was told they were SIX TO EIGHT WEEKS backlogged on repairs.

Well that is just unacceptable to me. If one can do without a handgun for 2 months did they really need it in the first place?

No more Kel-Tecs for me.

Neil in Lewisberry

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by ntouchet View Post
    I love Kel-Tec but I will never purchase another.

I have a Sub 2000 an Su-16C and a P32.

The sub was having problems extracting and I sent it back to Kel-Tec. Well, would you believe I had it back in less than 3 weeks and it looks like they replaced almost everything.

A few months ago I had problem with the P32 slide staying back after the last round. I made the mistake of sending it back to Kel-Tec. After a month of no status I called and was told they were SIX TO EIGHT WEEKS backlogged on repairs.

Well that is just unacceptable to me. If one can do without a handgun for 2 months did they really need it in the first place?

No more Kel-Tecs for me.

Neil in Lewisberry
    I have a sub and had the same issue and the same "replaced everything and now the trigger is nicer too" and back in my hands under 2 weeks.

I was suprised.

sucks to hear other people are having had times.

(York County)

Just got an email from Kel-Tec in response to my request for status.

It's now EIGHT to TEN WEEKS!

Never again!

You folks think about that when making a decision about buying a Kel-Tec.

Neil in Lewisberry

I think when you have a lot of experience with a certain gun manufacturers customer service your gun might be a POS. I have no idea how good Glock, HK, Browning or Springfield's customer service is since I've never had to call them.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

(Luzerne County)

Interesting update.

I got a note in my mailbox last Wed, it said that UPS couldn't deliver my pf9 slide assembly(the only part I sent in) because they did not have my apt number. Listed on the note they gave me was my entire address....WITH MY APT NUMBER!!! Ha ha..I called UPS and talked to a customer service rep who apologized and corrected the address. I was told that the package would be shipped the next day(thurs).

When my package did not arrive on thurs I canlled UPS again and was told that my package was delivered and signed for....confused, I asked what address it had been delivered to. It went to a complete wrong address(correct town at least). UPS is currently trying to track down my package and get it back to kel-tec....awesome.

Furthermore, the package should not have been shipped. I was told on two seperate occasions that kel-tec would call me when they started my work order. I was looking forward to this so that I could learn more about what the problem was, and I also wanted to purchase a spare magazine and some other KT stuff.

I will call KT tomorrow to notify them of the mistake and, with the Lord's help, I might even get my gun back....nice.

(Montgomery County)

I have one of these , mag.would not stay in. Sent back to factory ,then it came back to me. they fix it. I had it over 2 years now. I don't shoot it too much . But when I do it goes bang.

GlockmanGG

(Luzerne County)

OK, the saga is(hopefully) nearing it's end. I got my package from the incorrect address that UPS sent it to. After talking to KT, they recommended that I send the entire gun back to them for replacement of my outdated parts. So, 50$ later I airmailed my firearm back to KT with the promise from a customer service representative that it would be repaired and shipped within 2 days....2 weeks and 3 phone calls later my KT arrived. They have included the mag I ordered and the belt-clip for the cost posted on their website. My mag catch appears to be metal, and they have included 2 new mag followers. They appear to be plastic(just like the first ones) and I am curious to see if they wear better than the original followers(any information on these would be very helpful, I have been to KTOG.org and didn't find any useful info on them).

Anyway, I have "test fired" it with snap caps to check the firing pin impact. It appears from the indention it left in the cap that the PF9 strikes the primer harder than my Sig P250. I think this is good since my Sig sometimes has light strikes on reloads with hard primers. I hope to make it to the range later this week. Wish me luck! I figure i am due for some....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123